POLL: Which optic do you use for binoculars?

Which optic do you use for binoculars?

• Vortex

• Swarovski

• Kowa

• Nikon

• Leupold

• Zeiss

• Leica

• Bushnell

• Cabelas

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cabela's Alaskan Guide!

I've got SWARO's but don't use them as much!

When HELL-RIGHT gets approved You'll all be going back to old time Bushnell Spotters!

Amazing How We all got along with them back in the Day!

For many years, I used a pair of Nikon 7x35 binocs that I picked up on the other side of the world …….when Uncle Sam thought I should be there and not here. Then a couple of years ago, I picked up a pair of Swarovski's 10x42s. I like the Nikons, but the Swaro's are better.

I was using Swarovski SLC’s, but was given some Vortex Optics last year and they are great. So, retired the SLC’s.

Zeiss conquest 8x42s. Lower power is easier on my eyes for some reason, after day after day use. They do their job and the Zeiss Diascope 15-45 takes it from there. I have 6 Zeiss scopes too, for some reason I like them.

Won some 8x32 Swarovski’s over 25 years ago for 25.00 raffle ticket. Been to a few different countries, used on the saltwater, drug through Alaska and Nevada till the outer coating was wearing off and lens were rubbed up. Sent them off a few years back to Swarovski and they rebuilt them for 135.00. Looked brand new. Gonna pass them on to the grandkids when they get to hunting age in a couple of more years and find me another pair somewhere. I certainly got my money’s worth! :giggle:

No shocker that Swaro and Vortex are the top two. One is very affordable and is a group of marketing geniuses that definitely appeals to the masses. The other makes the best optics on the planet that are unmatched but is very pricey. It's not surprising that the poll has worked out that way. whichever you choose is your business, i just find the results interesting.

Swarovski 10x42 . But, I must say if I every lost them I would move to Vortex 10X50 simply from a price/cost factor.

For the most part we are pretty loyal to what works for us but there are lots of great optics out there and pretty tough to go wrong with top-tier models from any manufacturer.
With that said, it's tough to beat Swarovski optics but they are spendy indeed. "buy once, cry once"

Zeke

No shocker that Swaro and Vortex are the top two. One is very affordable and is a group of marketing geniuses that definitely appeals to the masses. The other makes the best optics on the planet that are unmatched but is very pricey. It's not surprising that the poll has worked out that way. whichever you choose is your business, i just find the results interesting.
I have Vortex and love them. I have used Swarovski and they are great. I can't justify the price difference for the 2-3 weeks I hunt each year. I didn't fall for the marketing geniuses, I tested the against each other. There is a difference, I know that, but it's not that big. If I was a guide or made my living using glass daily then I would have made a different decision.

I have Vortex and love them. I have used Swarovski and they are great. I can't justify the price difference for the 2-3 weeks I hunt each year. I didn't fall for the marketing geniuses, I tested the against each other. There is a difference, I know that, but it's not that big. If I was a guide or made my living using glass daily then I would have made a different decision.
I don’t think it’s bad to use either one. All I was saying is it is interesting that they are the two biggest brands used. Especially since vortex is a pretty young company. I wouldn’t think the young company and the super expensive company would be the stars of the show but that’s what I get for thinking.

Cabelas Alaskan Guide, 12 power. I need 12 power for my old eyes that are not what they used to be but these binos are mighty heavy..
Bushnell Custom Compact, 7 power, they are light and fit in my shirt pocket, but they are old and not as clear as they used to be, and my eyes are not as clear as they used to be either, so I used to love them, but I don't use them much anymore.

10 x42 EL's in my bino harness all the time. 15x56 SLC HD for Scanning and ATX 95 for dialing in and making sure its an animal I want to pursue I also use the 95 for picking out critters in the thick stuff or extreme long range glassing. I usually take one or the other of the big guns in my pack but, I have packed all 3 at the same time too.

10 x42 EL's in my bino harness all the time. 15x56 SLC HD for Scanning and ATX 95 for dialing in and making sure its an animal I want to pursue I also use the 95 for picking out critters in the thick stuff or extreme long range glassing. I usually take one or the other of the big guns in my pack but, I have packed all 3 at the same time too.

Sounds like we run the exact same set up ??

I run all 3 at separate times with an Outdoorsmans Medium tripod and their Pistol grip. The Pistol grip has no problem with the weight of the 95 and is Gods gift to binocular users.

I run all 3 at separate times with an Outdoorsmans Medium tripod and their Pistol grip. The Pistol grip has no problem with the weight of the 95 and is Gods gift to binocular users.

What is the total weight of all 3 + tripod?

Just curious?

have been a longtime Swarovski 10x42 guy...still am, however....for Christmas I bought my 14 yr old a pair of vortex Diamondback HD 10x42, 240 bucks! I was shocked at the clarity and at the amount of light they transmit. Hard to tell any difference between them and my 6x as expensive swarovskis. My 22 yr old went to cabelas the next day and bought himself the same thing but in a 12x50. Also exceptional. The only thing I will say is that I didnt spend hours and hours glassing with them so I cannot say if they are like longtime MM member Zeke..."easy on the eyes". I have been wanting to upgrade to a pair of binos with a built in rangefinder and was 100% getting the Swaros and am now strongly considering the vortex. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR opinions on both

have been a longtime Swarovski 10x42 guy...still am, however....for Christmas I bought my 14 yr old a pair of vortex Diamondback HD 10x42, 240 bucks! I was shocked at the clarity and at the amount of light they transmit. Hard to tell any difference between them and my 6x as expensive swarovskis. My 22 yr old went to cabelas the next day and bought himself the same thing but in a 12x50. Also exceptional. The only thing I will say is that I didnt spend hours and hours glassing with them so I cannot say if they are like longtime MM member Zeke..."easy on the eyes". I have been wanting to upgrade to a pair of binos with a built in rangefinder and was 100% getting the Swaros and am now strongly considering the vortex. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR opinions on both
Best range finding Binos there are right now are the zeiss victory RF. My swaro El’s might be for sale here shorty when mine show up next week.

I used Alpens until I discovered Vortex. I ran the Vortex for a long while until a buddy turned me on to Swaro’s. Now I swear by Swarovski I’m my binocs & spotting scope. Without a doubt IMO my Swarovski spotting scope destroys the best spotter Vortex ever thought of making.

I am shocked that more people who spend the money for the "big 3" aren't using Zeiss.
My 10x40's are far more vivid with natural colors and clarity and definitely brighter than Leica.
My personal opinion of course ?

I am shocked that more people who spend the money for the "big 3" aren't using Zeiss.
My 10x40's are far more vivid with natural colors and clarity and definitely brighter than Leica.
My personal opinion of course ?

How do they compare to Swarovski?

Can't believe you left Meopta off the list I have 10X42, 12X50s and a 30-60 spotter...as good or better than any of the Swarov SLCs.

Can't believe you left Meopta off the list I have 10X42, 12X50s and a 30-60 spotter...as good or better than any of the Swarov SLCs.
**In your opinion.

I’ll try to list more companies/brands next time...didn’t mean to hurt your feelings!

**In your opinion.

I’ll try to list more companies/brands next time...didn’t mean to hurt your feelings!
You didn't hurt my feelings brother and it wasn't a personal jab at you either...just poking the bear...there is no in your opinion either, the high end Meopta spotter got a higher score then the SLC spotter in Outdoor Life's independent test. I did say as good or better. Can't speak for the mid level and lower level Meopta stuff but the top tier stuff is outstanding.

My Meopta spotting scope is a wonderful tool and the best I've personally used... in my opinion. Thanks 30hart.
Side by side comparisons showed them to be superior to many spotters and equal to the rest.
I left them off the list because I thought it was a discussion about binoculars.

Maven isn't on the list either. Bought the 15x56 last year and they are awesome. They replaced my spotter on longer hikes.

Swarovski 10x42 . But, I must say if I every lost them I would move to Vortex 10X50 simply from a price/cost factor.
I got a pair of 10x50’s Vipers brand new in box I am gonna sell if interested. After taxes I have almost $600 into them. $400 will buy them. I really need 42’s since my eyes are really close together for 50’s.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom