Poo poo...

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
Arrgg... got doe hanging from tree and cut into the gut a bit... most undigested poo i ve ever seen in a deer! Also plenty of pellets in the chute when cutting out the remaining rectum between two hams. So, i guess some pellets contacted tenderloins cuz i rinsed with water and cooked one... half was great and the other half tasted like horse manure smells!

So i am paranoid about rest of meat (which i had rinsed with cold water and dried and put in a cooler all together). I filled a pot with 1.5 gallons of white distilled vinegar (5% acidity) and immersed all meat, then rinsed with water then dried. Cleaned cooler and ice blocks with vinegar and soap and returned meat.

Anybody have experience with using vinegar to disinfect meat? I think t.loins are most susceptible to contamination because of their location... hope rest is ok.

I will grind a lil bit and see if it tastes ok. Guess this one shall be well done!!!

Any advice, knowledge appreciated. (Just tell me i did everything i can and it will be alright!)

A little deer crap won't make any meat taste like crap!
Why use vinegar? I Think with all the water and vinegar it spoiled.

Poo taste on t.loin was before any vinegar. I cooked 1 tenderloin and half tasted fine and the other half tasted like horse manure smells.

Happy to report rest of meat is fine.
I think i cut remainder of poop chute out and failed to wash my hands or change/remove rubber gloves before cutting out tenderloins. Sucks that i tainted t.loins but glad it wasnt much worse

Guess nobody cares about eating deer meat anymore... if i want some traffic i should start a rant about Utards... long range shooting... having a bunch of flat-brimmed spotters ... etc.

This site is starting to blow. I d be on facebook if i wanted to hear people squabble so much!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom