Poor college student, need meat, UT muzzleloader

J

Joemama (Guest)

I drew a southern Ut muzzleloader tag and was going to hunt the pahvant. I've seen decent deer down there but really need to fill the freezer. Monroemtnshedfreak says that there aren't as many deer down there. Anyone have any suggestions on a good meat hunt in So UT?

No suggestions, but if you would like, I would be willing to donate you some venison and some elk. I would like to donate it to someone in need. The meat is excellent and was harvested last year.

Drop me an E-Mail (or anyone else in need) if interested.

Go to Joseph (a little south of Richfield), and head due west, up the mountaian. Once you are on top, you will come Posted Signs for Missouri Flats CWMU, drive all the way through this property, and you will hit National Forest land (there is a sign). I would go about a 1/2 mile further, and find a place camp. You will not have a problem filling your tag.
It is @13 miles from Joseph, up the canyon. Road is good as long as it stays dry.
Don't shoot the first 2-point you see, there are some better deer, if you look around.

Good luck, and let us know how you did.

Thanks for your info. I really could use the meat. Out of all years I didn't draw on the cow elk hunt.

just make sure that you practice with your new muzzleloader. You don't want to miss your one shot or wound a deer and not recover it. you should at least see a couple forkies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom