Portable Blinds

MDnut

I'm looking for a portable blind to take to Prince of Wales for a bear hunt in May. Friends that hunted there last year said it rained alot and a blind to get you out of the rain would have helped. What blind will be quiet & dry in the rain, big enough for two hunters and not too expensive?

Any suggetions would be appriciated.

Thanks,

MDnut

I have an Ameristep doghouse blind. Last year was my first year hunting out of it and I had a blast. It is very comfortable to sit in. It is definetly not large enough for 2 people if you are bowhunting. It might be large enough if you are hunting with a firearm. They are inexpensive and come in a bag that has shoulder straps that make it easy to carry. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but it was $80 or $90. That might be a great setup to kill a bear with a handgun. Good Luck.

They are really not made of water proof material, but I have never really got wet in them. I sprayed mine with a silicon spray and let it air out for a long time, you can also seam seal it to help. Basically the material is tight when its open and the water runs off real well.

>I have an Ameristep doghouse blind.
> Last year was my
>first year hunting out of
>it and I had a
>blast. It is very
>comfortable to sit in.
>It is definetly not large
>enough for 2 people if
>you are bowhunting. It
>might be large enough if
>you are hunting with a
>firearm. They are inexpensive
>and come in a bag
>that has shoulder straps that
>make it easy to carry.
> I can't remember exactly
>how much I paid for
>it, but it was $80
>or $90. That might
>be a great setup to
>kill a bear with a
>handgun. Good Luck.

I bought one of the Ameristep doghouse blinds and it works good except it is a pain in the @#S to get folder by myself and back into the bag. Maybe if I had longer arms to get it to start to twist.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom