Portland Bans Facial Recognition Technology

Boskee

Long Time Member
So why would they want to do this? The feds & cops aren't after any peaceful protesters but this technology does help to identify those not being peaceful and flying around to other cities protesting and causing mayhem. Why wouldn't any elected official that's interested in the best interests of the people they serve not want this for their protection? It's no wonder Portland's in such bad shape with leaders defending the offenders instead of getting them off the streets to stop the violence.

here you go

We may deviate a little here......I'm not a big fan of the surveillance state. You have to be able to trust the machine of government, and I don't.

People like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee have also been trying to stop these types of technologies.

I have reservations as well as as we both know those powers got abused pretty badly by Mr Obama. The fact we have masked men terrorizing our country further complicates the issue of finding the perpetrators. Most folks don't know this but in many cites we've had some fairly good camera coverage that has enabled law enforcement to solve many crimes using the same technology. In fact some of that technology has aided law enforcement on clearing folks they had as suspects too.

So if used right it's a good tool but if abused it's a cancer. Putting laws with teeth in place for abusers with no protection veil would be a viable deterrent that may work if enforced.

Use of facial recognition software is a pretty slippery slope that I am surprised to see support for here. It has great potential for use in law enforcement, but the potential for abuse is huge. Of course, most of the country makes themselves easy to track with their phone anyway.

Let's not forget those handy little chips and gps systems in our vehicles! By the way another little handy feature is that camera in that cell phone.........

Portland issue isn't knowing who the terrorists are. Its that the DA office doesnt do anything.

The terrorists aint hiding. There at the courthouse nightly.

Portland is getting EXACTLY what they voted for

Part of the ongoing issue with our little terrorist friends is they're moving around the country to help direct & coordinate the troops on waging the attacks which shows some major planning in the whole damn fiasco

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom