Post Score Sheet Please??!!??!!

KsGinner

*Edit* I posted this as an example, because it is a great buck, but I would like to see the sheet if it blows 200 away*
It seems like there is a #stud buck or #monster buck on every persons Facebook post anymore. I saw this mossback post the other day and it made me wonder why guys won’t post score sheets even if it’s jotted down on a napkin when they post scores. Do people post SCI scores or cousin Eddy’s secret measuring tape scores? G1 times G2 plus G3 equals G4??? Im trying to decipher this buck they posted and see what you guys actually think it scores. If it BLOWS past 200 can someone give me a rough score? This stuff just baffles me anymore. What’s your guess?
P.S. I have a handful of legitimate bucks over 200 and I’m beginning to think I may have passed WELL over 400 bucks over 200 inches based on the #studs posted on my daily feed.

IMG_2372.png

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree with the sentiment of your post in the sense that the social media culture of hunting is annoying, but I will also say that buck is awesome. Love the mass and trash. It wouldn't surprise me if he gross scores in the 210-215 range, but I also think it's pretty much impossible to score bucks with that many extras through a photo. I'd be interested to see the score sheet too.

It seems like there is a #stud buck or #monster buck on every persons Facebook post anymore. I saw this mossback post the other day and it made me wonder why guys won’t post score sheets even if it’s jotted down on a napkin when they post scores. Do people post SCI scores or cousin Eddy’s secret measuring tape scores? G1 times G2 plus G3 equals G4??? Im trying to decipher this buck they posted and see what you guys actually think it scores. If it BLOWS past 200 can someone give me a rough score? This stuff just baffles me anymore. What’s your guess?
P.S. I have a handful of legitimate bucks well over 200 and I’m beginning to think I may have passed WELL over 400 bucks over 200 inches based on the #studs posted on my daily feed.

View attachment 128061

View attachment 128062

View attachment 128063

View attachment 128064

View attachment 128065
Do you have score sheets on your "handful " of bucks? Regardless it is a great buck that most people will never have the chance to take.

Do you have score sheets on your "handful " of bucks? Regardless it is a great buck that most people will never have the chance to take.
*I don’t have instagram, but my buddy sends me stuff everyday from that too. The problem in my mind is everyone chasing 150 inch whitetails, 30 inch muleys, or 200 inch muleys like they are tied up to every tree. It takes a hell of a lot of deer to make 180 inches. It’s just taking away from the tremendous 180 inch deer. Or the damn good 170 inch bucks. Completely putting false hope in all these guys heading west to shoot a buck. I posted this deer as a reference, not to blow him up specifically, although I don’t really care. I would just like to see how he’s made up. Almost non existent G3’s. Great mass. I wonder what his main beams are? Yes, most people won’t ever get a chance at these big bucks because the mule deer species across the west is in a complete downward spiral and auction tags buyers are zapping bucks with 25 spotters sleeping with the bucks. Which is part of it. Most of those guys put more money into conservation in one year then I’ll be able to in my lifetime. Just a shame it’s #200 and not #180. Broken dreams

*I don’t have instagram, but my buddy sends me stuff everyday from that too. The problem in my mind is everyone chasing 150 inch whitetails, 30 inch muleys, or 200 inch muleys like they are tied up to every tree. It takes a hell of a lot of deer to make 180 inches. It’s just taking away from the tremendous 180 inch deer. Or the damn good 170 inch bucks. Completely putting false hope in all these guys heading west to shoot a buck. I posted this deer as a reference, not to blow him up specifically, although I don’t really care. I would just like to see how he’s made up. Almost non existent G3’s. Great mass. I wonder what his main beams are? Yes, most people won’t ever get a chance at these big bucks because the mule deer species across the west is in a complete downward spiral and auction tags buyers are zapping bucks with 25 spotters sleeping with the bucks. Which is part of it. Most of those guys put more money into conservation in one year then I’ll be able to in my lifetime. Just a shame it’s #200 and not #180. Broken dreams
Yet again, throw up some official score sheets?

I got 216 after breaking him down. All those extras add up fast, and he has long beams, and great g4s and 2s. Plus all that mass.

But I do agree at first glance he doesn't look it, but honestly I think they did him a disservice by trying to make him look bigger lol

I will admit that my initial impression questioned the >200" as well but then looking over the mass, beams, and all the extras, he does add up to be >200". I bet Schoolhousegriz is within 2-3" with his guess.

“Do people post SCI scores or cousin Eddy’s secret measuring tape scores?”

If I ever shot a buck, I’d probably just use cousin Eddy’s system.

Sure looks like a 200 inch deer to me... I have never given a crap though to see someone else's score sheet off a deer that I was not apart of helping harvest.

Maybe give Doyle a call and ask to see the score sheet.

Everyone has done well... pretty good lookin score sheet above, I have no complaints about that. My first inclination/score was a 180"ish frame with 32" of extras... Cool buck.!

I think the buck would be over 200 but barely. Either way, even on bucks that aren't 200" the guides slap a tape on them, add 10-15 inches if they need and tell their client they shot a 200 incher. Client is happy, they get paid, take some pics to make it look bigger, 90% of hunters that don't know what they're looking at believe it's 200+, they worship (enter outfitter here), repeat. If hunter ever gets it scored officially it was that dang drying period that shriveled him up.

It's all about camera angles! I can make a 170" deer look like a 190 without making it look obvious just look at my 2022 deer 🤷🏻‍♂️. I agree I think most of these 200" monsters aren't actually that anymore. But 200" and 400" posts sell hunts and when most of the people paying for these hunts just care about hearing those magic numbers then bam camera angles makes it a false reality! I do think that buck posted 1st might be 200" but idk how far it BLOWS PAST 200" without seeing it in person though. My suspicion is it doesn't go very far past....

I'd say hes a 160 main frame 3 point with 15- 20" of extras. Putting him somewhere around 175-180

Yeah I'm having a lot of trouble seeing 200 inches there.

It is still a wonderful deer and congratulations to the very lucky hunter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom