Posting Pictures? Huge Moose

MuleySniper

My dad has some great pictures of a 3 for 4 Alaskan moose hunt he just got back from this morning. All the pictures were taken at 6 megapixels so the file sizes are all like 2 to 3 mb. What are guys doing to get them under 100k? Ive tried saving them as like a 4x5 or 5x7, but the smallest file size I get is around 150-200k. I'm saving them as .jpgs. Any Ideas? I really want to post these pics soon, one moose is 74 inches wide. Thanks
MS

What kind of software are you using to resize them? If you can't figure it out then you can e-mail them to me and I will post them for ya.

It sounds like you might need to adjust the resolution, but it's hard to say without seeing how you are resizing them. Open up Photoshop.....go to "Image"....and then open up "image size". Is the resolution above 72? If so, try lowering it. You don't need the resolution set high to be viewed on a computer screen. You can also lower the pixel dimensions or crop the photograph if you need to. I hope that helped and didn't confuse you.

I'll give it another whirl later on this evening. I used to use Photoshop quite a bit about five years ago. When I got CS, I couldnt remember all that I had learned on PS 5.0. Thanks to everyone for the help. I should be able to figure it out now.
MS

I set up a photobucket acc't and it automatically resizes them when y ou load them...sinple and easy. load them up from your pictures, ready to go

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-06 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]If you have MS Office use MS Picture Manager. Once you're in Pic Mgr click "Edit"; then click "Compress"(DO NOT USE RESIZE); at this point start at "Document" size. It will let you know what the new file size is using this option. If "Document" doesn't get you down to the upload size requirements, try the "Web Page" option. Generally speaking you should be under the 100 KB limit with the "Document" option. BTW, this info came from a MM member when I first became a member and uploaded ridiculously large pics.

If you have problems, the majority of MM members will surely help you out. After all, everbody loves good pics...I'd share some good ones, but she'd get REALLY upset...(she's looking over my shoulder).

Drew

I use the right click option that 257tony mentioned. (the powertoy) works great and is very easy. Or I will load them into photo bucket, or trophy chaser.

Lets see if this works. If it does, I'll follow up with a story later.
gregsmoose2.jpg

gregmoose.jpg

Thanks
MS

Cool! I ended up using Photoshop and Photobucket to host them.
This Moose was taken this year up in Alaska on a DIY public land hunt on the peninsula. My Dad and three of his friends (I was supposed to go but my wife had a baby about a week before they left. Poor planning on my part, oh well theres next time, besides I have an awesome new baby boy.) Anyway, it was an unguided float trip that took them down around 100 miles of river. This was the first moose taken 3 or 4 days into the trip. None of these guys have ever hunted moose let alone been in the bush in Alaska. Three of them are over fifty years old. I'm pretty proud of my old man, he was successfull at getting a moose and surviving in AK especially through the weather and the 45 brown bears he saw. This is not the moose he shot, but one of his friends on the trip. They just got back, so it hasnt been scored yet, but the outside spread measures 74 1/2 inches. I'll post pictures of the other two moose, when I get some better ones that are on another guys camera. Hope guys like the pic.
MS

that's a lot of bone......sounds like a cool hunt.. I have a friend or my best friend was talking to me about a moose hunt on some military base property we can do some day and we only need a year notice and..Hes been in Air Force for 20 years and we did some fishing trips already that were cool!

I hope your wife will forgive you some day for being "out hunting" instead cutting the cord on your son. (sounds like a death blow to a relationship......especially being how you know about bad planning and all.)
jack

There is no cape. Greg, the guy who shot it, doesnt want a head mount. Everyone thought he was crazy. I most definitly would have had a head mount done, I think anyone in their right mind would.
MS

great looking moose, and congrats to your Dad. As for the cape, it depends on how far you have to carry them, how many day you are in the bush, and how much extra salt you packed. I for one, left mine since I already have several shiras mounted, and a monster set of moose antlers is just as impressive as a full mount. The indecisive part was made up when you find out just how much an Alaskan cape weighs. The thought of one of those big coastal browns coming in while I was caping also came to mind. Sounds like a great trip!

That is a Mooose for sure!! Congrats to your dad
Rut

Women love me!! Fish shudder at the mention of my name!!
It's not the quack but the flight of the wild duck that leads the flock to destiny!!
Quack Away!!

Man those things are ugly!
I sure with I had one on my wall!!! :)
Congrats to him on a great bull.

Lien2

Tell Greg he is nuts and doesn't deserve that bull without mounting it...... Go shoot a cow if you are just gonna wack the antlers off.... Aint that how it normally goes though...

Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom