Posting Question

• Thread starter Dmanmastertracker
  • Start date
D

Dmanmastertracker

I've tried asking this question of a mod directly, but got no response. Hopefully it won't be nuked because I did attempt to follow forum rules and it would benefit a lot of people to have this question answered. A lot of posts have been nuked lately on war and global warming issues. You can see that in nearly every post in the Campfire has a violation of forum rules, including moderator posts on the same subjects. My question is if you do not agree with moderator ideals for those major issues, will your post be nuked? It would save some of us research in our opinions and time to study the facts if we had a clearer understanding of the rules. It's a little frustrating to debate with someone (about anything) and take the time to do your homework before making a reply to them and still get nuked. For myself, I don't necessarily like to debate politics, but being able to vent about it makes me feel better than just being ticked off about it. Debating may not appear constructive, but it's really a pretty necessary part of life -as long as it doesn't get personal. This applies to every issue discussed on MM. I've been here longer than several of the mods and have seen the same pattern for a while. Someone posts an inflammatory post that violates the rules about for example; "Global Warming Crybabies" bashing a group of people who hold a certain view. The post sits for weeks until people with knowledge of the subject discredit that statement, then it's nuked. Why are these inflammatory posts not nuked immediately, when they're sole purpose is to cause a debate if debating is looked down on? I know several other long time MM members who rarely visit anymore because of this who used to share some good photos and stories. Everyone get's drawn into a debate eventually, members just need to know what the guidelines are a little more clearly.

Darrel

I think the Bush loving republicans can't play fair without getting their panties in a wad. Just my guess on why stuff gets nuked.

Now that was very narrow minded of you! I might get the occasional wedgie, but never do my panties get wadded.

I didn't see what was wrong with the global warming thread. When I had last read it, nothing that bad was going on, just a civilized debate. Which brings me to the conclusion that the mods must be in cahoots with the left wing media, and when actual facts are brought up on a topic that goes against what is in the media, and doesn't agree with the left wing propaganda, it gets nuked.

It's Bush's fault!!!

I didn't see anything wrong with it either. I didn't agree with some of what was said, but who does in a debate?

Galileo was hushed when he came up with the ridiculous idea the earth was round, maybe global warming will be as accepted someday. as for politics if you can't beat'em nuke'em I guess.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-07 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]They probably leave them up until someone alerts them when it has become offensive.

Also - Equating Al Gore to Gailileo is like comparing flatulence to a nuclear explosion - one of them changes the world and the other just makes some noise and stinks. I'll let you decide which does what.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

It isn't just Bush loving members who get threads nuked. I don't know why threads get nuked but it is interesting what gets nuked and what doesn't.

I think if you post anything remotely controversial and get a good debate going it will get nuked.

Nemont

I did notice a few of 202's post's have been nuked. Wonder if his panties are wadded??

I very seldom post and I did on that post and it got nuked right after. I couldn't see anything wrong with it not even the usual lack of respect for different opinions just a good view of both sides.

100% Republican Bush supporter!! However, I think it is OK if a Mod. nukes a post. At least someone is paying attention ! So what if they error on caution once in awhile, on to the next post !

I agree with buncoboy. That's why the mods get the big bucks!:) It is all very inconsistant though. But one of the rules is you cannot question a mods decision. Get over it and move on.

Eel

"They probably leave them up until someone alerts them when it has become offensive. "

Probably true, but these days EVERYTHING is offensive to somebody. Where do we draw the line and just tell people to get over it?

It's Bush's fault!!!

UTRoy,

That was very profound. And very accurate.

I know you probably don't want to, but you can stay
in my state as long as you want to after you graduate.

Keep it up.
fyi
lrv

I don't care what Gore has to say but to discount the science because of a politition you don't like makes no sense. the point is many things we know as facts today were scoffed at when first theorized. I find it laughable that while the top scientist in the world are trying to sort this out a bunch of jokers ( myself incuded ) on a hunting web site think we got it all figured out. at least some of us admit we're not sure.

Dman!!!

YOU'VE BASICALLY QUESTIONED THE MODS!!!

VERY ILLEAGAL!!!

3-2-1 KAPOOF!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

H'Dude,

I'm as big a joker as there is on here, and don't
claim to be an expert at anything. I just feel like
there is a whole lot of Money and Political motivation
behind a whole lot of this. I don't think you can disagree
with that. Unfortunatly, money and politics is behind
more things than I'm sure we all wish. I just can't buy into
it all of it. I may end up being wrong. But you may end up
being wrong, as well. The sad part is, you or I will never
really know the truth, 'cause when we are gone, this little
world will still be rocking right along like it was when we
were here. Someone know's, but He aint Telling.
fyi
lrv

BESS, I DIDN'T QUESTION THE MODS, I ASKED FOR CLARIFICATION OF THE RULES, BIG DIFFERENCE. YOUR CO PILOT EEL STATED THE SAME THING. IT WASN'T MY POST'S GOT NUKED. MY SHORT'S ARE NOT WADDED.

THE ONLY DMAN :)

DMMT, I have had my posts nuked on occasion or re-edited. I steer away from masked expletives and try to support a position based on fact. I refrain from personal attacks unless that line has already been crossed and pointed in my direction. If the powers that be deem my post or others unworthy, then so be it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom