Potential New Guys...

sageadvice

Long Time Member
If you are lurking out there, enjoying what you read here in these pages, and think that if you ever might want some help or info when and if you do pull that great tag, don't wait, join now!

Easy wheezy to sign up, build up a few posts here and there and a little rep for yourself among the regulars here, and then later on when you might come to the members here for help on your upcoming hunt or hunts, you might be surprised at just how many guys will go out of their way to help you!

I'm not saying that New Guys asking for help on their first post is Bad. I do though think that guys who have been here, maybe shared some info or pic's of their past hunts, have a lot better chance of getting the quality help that could be all the difference in the world.

You know that you want to. Lurkers, sign in and join the troops!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

+1, way easier to help when a guy has been on here contributing vs a guy that makes 2 posts then never to be seen after he has his "gold"...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Very true Sage. I have also found MM a good place to meet really serious hunters in person which I don't have many serious hunters in my isolated area so I do enjoy the site. I've met and hunted with some on here and hope to with more in the future.

I have received some great help on here and tried to provide some insight when I can. Though I figured by the title this had something to do with a clubhouse.

I have been frequenting this site for probably ten years now and have only posted a few times. Been so long I had to sign up again. Time to start participating. I have gained a lot of knowledge from this site, and it seems to be getting more positive again.

Pretty cool to see how it has grown and developed over the years. Kudos to the founder!

All Right guys!! Positive feedback is a good thing!

Any brand new guys willing to start right now on this thread? Now's your chance...

NO! lol, no "clubhouse" recruiting going on in this or any other threads that i'm likely to participate in. :)

I don't often miss the A-Zone Valley country that i grew up in but right now if still down there, i'd be chasing blacktail bucks every night of the week!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Damn, I hate being a rookie at anything, but I do fully agree with paying your dues. Sageadvice was first person to answer me here, many thanks & point taken

Adversity does not build character, it reveals it - Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Sageadvice
This is a very good post.....thanks for showing leadership! The help a hunter outdoorsman can get here is invaluable. What we ask eachother and how we go about it is important as well. Soon lead and arrows will start to fly!
J_T_B

Sounds like i am being called out. I have been lurking on here the past 3 years but I have been doing more this year. I drew out on a Utah Central Mountains Manti LE Elk Muzzy tag. I have a good idea on where to hunt on the unit but I haven't hunted a big bull. I shot 2 cows over the past 2 years on the unit. Here is a bull I saw on Friday. He was out past 1,000 yards. I am not sure why it turned my photos.

7646image.jpg

4284image.jpg

4920image.jpg

I qualify as a long-time lurker, with very little contributed to the site. For the most part, I stand in awe of the experience and savvy of many of the "regulars." Even Elkassassin. Come to think of it, I will be hunting deer out in Elkassassin's back yard this fall. It will be my daughter's first time hiking with me on the deer hunt (she's 5), so I am really looking forward to it. I will try to contribute more, with my limited knowledge, and throw a comment in every now and again. I don't know much about the clubhouse, but probably enough to know that I don't want to know any more.

Sageadvice, since you're encouraging lurkers to come into the light of forum commenting I guess I will accept and give this a shot, so I drew this awesome tag and I need some help... just kidding. I wonder how many people got mad after that line. Anyways, here's to the good info on this site that hopefully I won't dumb down that much with my comments.

Plus one Mr Sage! It's good advice.

We can't blame anyone, new or old, when asking for help through this site. There's more than a wealth of information to be had. It's just easier for me to hand out hard-earned information to someone with a few contributing posts under his/her belt.

I've been the beneficiary of great information through this site and hope that my contributions have been of value to others.

We all love it when advice is given and the story and post-hunt pics are posted! That's thanks enough for most of us.

I've developed some lasting friendships which would never have happened if not for MM.

Great thread Sage,
Zeke

I'm totally new to hunting and feel intimidated to say or ask anything for fear of looking pretty dumb. Being a new lady hunter makes it even harder. So be nice to me ok guys?!

Nice thread. So far I haven't needed much info for my hunts but I'm paying ahead for the one tag when I get it :)

DZ

Well looks like I need to man up and start posting. Been lurking for a few years now and never put in my two cents. It's great to have found a place where so many hunters are willing to help people they don't even know. Thanks to all of you for being great sportsmen

>I'm totally new to hunting and
>feel intimidated to say or
>ask anything for fear of
>looking pretty dumb. Being a
>new lady hunter makes it
>even harder. So be nice
>to me ok guys?!

Some of us have been at it so long that we forget, WE ALL STARTED SOMEWHERE. Welcome lady-hunter!

My wife and 4 daughters (1 son) are all accomplished hunters but it wasn't always that way.

My daughters love to remind me of a line I've used on them in the heat of the moment, "I'm not mad, I'm just excited". I remind them that we all get excited about hunting.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-14 AT 07:17PM (MST)[p]>I'm totally new to hunting and
>even harder. So be nice
>to me ok guys?!

HOLY CRAPOLA!

Will being called 'Ms Fondler' be OK?:D:D:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I think that it's great to see a few new guys and a gal among our group. Would be nice if a few of you might go over your hunting plans for the coming season. No need to share your spots but maybe what seasons in which States.

I really wish you all the best and feel free to post a question or PM me if i can be of help.

Anybody else? :)

Joey

So MrsHunter?

You Harvested any Big Game Animals?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I think this is great and I will try and help out anyone who needs it. In reply to sageadvice I have a dedicated hunter tag for south slope Vernal. Been hunting there for a few years and we are learning where they are hiding out.

I've learned a lot of valuable info from this site, and have given out some advice myself as well as receive some. This site has more of a laid back approach, almost like sitting around a fire. I've always enjoyed the banter of experience, kinda like listening to pops sometimes reminisce. Good stuff

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-14 AT 00:10AM (MST)[p]Geeze Guys!! Welcome all!! And to the seemingly nice Lady hunter, a Special Welcome to you! Go easy on you? Well, sometimes this isn't a real easy place but that's the spice on the steak!

My best advice is to tell it like it is, don't be afraid of someone degrading or saying stupid stuff about your comments, and try to have fun with it.

Learn how to post pictures here ASAP! I'm no puter guy but it only took me about 5-10 minutes once i set my mind to the task. Posting pic's adds to your posts, adds to the site, and makes it better for everyone involved.

For the new hunters out there; Trigger control, making the gun go off when the cross-hairs are on the spot that you want to hit. This is most important. I take a picture in my mind, every time the gun goes off, just where the cross-hairs were when she went boom. If the picture in my mind had the sights where they were supposed to be, it's a done deal!

Joey

"When you see a good buck, take care of business and get a good clean shot. Then there is plenty of time to get nervous afterward!"

>No, not YET. But the day
>will come when wild beasts
>will fear me! :)

Nothin Wrong with a Newbie!(RAZZIN Ya!:D)

Just don't let Founder take the 1st shot!:D:D:D

Best of Luck MrsHunter!

Around here We have to RAZZ each other a little or Life Ain't much Fun!

I as well have been a long-time lurker and recent member. I live in Northern Utah and just finished up college with a degree in accounting. Hopefully I will have more time to hit the mountains instead of the books!

My hunting plans for this fall include general tags for deer and elk in Utah, Utah antelope, Wyoming antelope, and a pheasant/whitetail hunt in South Dakota.

RE: New Guy...

So I am new here too, though I have been a lurker for a long long time.

My true intent is to find the best place to hunt with the friendliest people who will help me out the most.

As soon as I find that out. I will begin to apply for hunts.

I guess this is as good a time as any to post for the first time. I started watching the sight about a year ago. I hunted every spare moment I could growing up, but took a 20 year break after I got married. I started again last year muzzle-loading. Took a small buck on the last day last year. I am hunting the same general unit this year (wasatch west) muzzle-loader. I have put more time and money into it this year, but I still have years to go before I have a good grasp again of the units and any chance of drawing out anything more than normal units. It has been a blast spending time with friends and family so the wait to draw something more is no big deal.

Thanks for the Razzing.

Why would Founder take the first shot?

My hunting plans are very limited, this being my first year and all. Just looking forward to hunting a buck with my bow in Utah.

I guess I need that first kill under my belt. :)

>Thanks for the Razzing.
>
>Why would Founder take the first
>shot?
>
>My hunting plans are very limited,
>this being my first year
>and all. Just looking forward
>to hunting a buck with
>my bow in Utah.
>
>I guess I need that first
>kill under my belt. :)
>

Well!

He's been known to take Candy from a Kid!:D

(((RAZZIN/KIDDIN!!!:D:D:D)))

Keep Him in Front of the Horses So He doesn't get another Kick to the Head!:D

(((RAZZIN Again!)))

You'll do Fine!

More than Fine I'm Sure!

Best of Luck & We Hope to see a Pic/Story Soon!

I'm a guilty party here. I did the very thing u said not to do, but I turtled up after I asked, waiting to absorb the blows! Surprisingly I didn't get any, and actually have been getting friendly, much appreciated advice. I'm not a big computer guy either in fact the first forum I started on was in april.....3 months ago and this is my second! I'll b stickin around for a bit, and like others have said previously don't be afraid to ask anything, we all asked the same question at some point(some of us alot longer ago than others!) If u get a smarmy response, water off a ducks back! I love sharing the things I've learned after 35yrs of hunting! Someone showed or taught me and it's my responsibility to pass that knowledge on! I'm not saying I'm "super hunter" but I'll gladly pass on whatever I can give that your lookin 4! I will figure out postin pics and pass on details of my upcoming 2nd rifle 201 colorado buck hunt! By the looks of things the forums getting bigger! Nice thread sage!

Another newbie here. I've been "window shopping" for a few years now .This is a great hunting site and I figured I may as well become a part of it. Looking forward to it!

>Wow Joey! Look what you started.
>We have more guys to
>learn stuff from.
>Zeke

NOT Just Guys Zeke!:D

What part of the unit are you looking to hunt? It is a big unit with a lot of area and potential for a quality bull. North End or South end? I know the Central and North better.

>Wow Joey! Look what you started.
>We have more guys to
>learn stuff from.
>Zeke

My ribs are sore....that felt like a shot?

DW, probably not. You'll find that Zeke is about as good a guy and helpful as there is in these pages. That was a super nice first post you did there, i believe that you'll fit right in.

And to the rest of you, Welcome and Thanks!!

Joey

That was my impression sage...it's all good.. was just yukin it up with him. Know that I'm quicker to laugh at myself than anyone else!

Congrats again on the thread! Looks like u pushed a bunch off the fence and got em in the game!

" Looks like u pushed a bunch off the fence and got em in the game!"

Why not? I lurked for myself for several months at least before i joined.

I was luckier than most in growing up on a Ranch full of deer and in a family that loved to hunt. Thought that i had some decent things to share, thought maybe that i could help a bit. Here i am, darn near 10,000 posts later and this is the first site i check once home! lol :)

Joey

>I'm totally new to hunting and
>even harder. So be nice
>to me ok guys?!

want to say welcome to the hunting world, cool to see more and more women out hunting! Wish you tons of success :D

Mntman

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

holy crap! did not expect many new people to respond but this is great! I think Zeke said it above, lots of new people to learn from :D oh and don't let elkassassin scare ya, he hasn't killed anything in the last 30 years... ;) So for the lady hunter if you get a squirrel this fall you will be ahead of him.

Mntman

Hey Uncle sage!

I remember you being a little Growly in a few of them nearly 10,000 Posts!:D

Something I'm not known for!:D:D:D

>holy crap! did not expect many
>new people to respond but
>this is great! I think
>Zeke said it above, lots
>of new people to learn
>from :D oh and don't
>let elkassassin scare ya, he
>hasn't killed anything in the
>last 30 years... ;) So
>for the lady hunter if
>you get a squirrel this
>fall you will be ahead
>of him.
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
>
>
>Let me guess, you drive a
>1 ton with oak trees
>for smoke stacks, 12" lift
>kit and 40" tires to
>pull a single place lawn
>mower trailer?

Easy mnt!:D

I already filled a Deer Tag!

Got him with the Grille!:D

>Easy mnt!:D
>
>I already filled a Deer Tag!
>
>
>Got him with the Grille!:D
>

Because you are living the song of "second week of deer camp" doesn't mean you get to count it!

Mntman

>
>>Easy mnt!:D
>>
>>I already filled a Deer Tag!
>>
>>
>>Got him with the Grille!:D
>>
>
>Because you are living the song
>of "second week of deer
>camp" doesn't mean you get
>to count it!
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
>
>
>Let me guess, you drive a
>1 ton with oak trees
>for smoke stacks, 12" lift
>kit and 40" tires to
>pull a single place lawn
>mower trailer?

If I'm Chewin on Fresh Venison I'm Countin it!:D

>Hey Uncle sage!
>
>I remember you being a little
>Growly in a few of
>them nearly 10,000 Posts!:D
>
>Something I'm not known for!:D:D:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>Cold Hands I Shall go
>down Fighting for American Pride
>& Rights!
>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>Throw Their Hands in the
>air & I know I
>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>by Myself when they Turn
>on us but I'll make
>
>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>Situation where I Hope to
>Hell All Americans become True
>Americans once again & Stand
>up for their Rights!

>>Hey Uncle sage!
>>
>>I remember you being a little
>>Growly in a few of
>>them nearly 10,000 Posts!:D
>>
>>Something I'm not known for!:D:D:D
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>>Cold Hands I Shall go
>>down Fighting for American Pride
>>& Rights!
>>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>>Throw Their Hands in the
>>air & I know I
>>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>>by Myself when they Turn
>>on us but I'll make
>>
>>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>>Situation where I Hope to
>>Hell All Americans become True
>>Americans once again & Stand
>>up for their Rights!

Hey deerelkalope?

Do you know how to Peck?:D

No....I'm not a pecker.;-) just shouldn't be on the puter when I'm half asleep,(got up at 4 a.m. for work). I'll visit another time. Anyway, great website, good people, good info,lots of laughs on here. Hello to all....and goodnight!

Growly Bess? who me? lol

I may be getting long in the tooth but i'll still stand up for myself, my friends and Family, and what i believe in.

Joey

>Growly Bess? who me? lol
>
>I may be getting long in
>the tooth but i'll still
>stand up for myself, my
>friends and Family, and what
>i believe in.
>
>Joey
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Gotta RAZZ Ya Uncle sage!:D

Hello "Fellow Hunters". I'm also a long time observer, recent participant of this forum. I have over 40 years of hunting experience and am willing to share information or help where and when I can. I drew a bonanza of tags this year and turned to this forum to help with the research. I requested help on a couple of forums and received some great advice and help. A fellow MM member offered and spent a whole day showing us around on a late migration unit that we drew. The information and knowledge we gained will be priceless come November. I, in turn, responded to a MM member who requested help and info for a Snake Valley antelope. I have a lot of experience hunting there so I've exchanged emails and phone conversations with him and will stay in contact. If I wasn't so over-booked this year, I would even go out and help him. Anyway, Thanks to all who share their knowledge and experience on this sight and do it for "the love of the game" and don't be too hard on the "new guys" because many of them have much to offer.

Great post Sage. Long time lurker here. Feels like I know most of you guys already. Talked to Nickman on PM a couple times before. I guess I better start posting more often. It's been great fun reading all the posts over the years. From the days of the "Duck Call" to the 16 inch saddle LOL.

Well shoot if you thought the "duck call" and "16 inch saddle" were funny your welcome at my camp. Tell us if you remember "Cass's tool box"??

been stalking you guys for a long time,seems the old sage waited me out and...-- bossbrott described it well,it is just like sitting by the campfire,hopefully i will be able to share something that someone can use,but in the meantime i'll sit back sip my drink,watch the flames and listen.

>been stalking you guys for a
>long time,seems the old sage
>waited me out and...--
>bossbrott described it well,it is
>just like sitting by the
>campfire,hopefully i will be able
>to share something that someone
>can use,but in the meantime
>i'll sit back sip my
>drink,watch the flames and listen.
>

>>been stalking you guys for a
>>long time,seems the old sage
>>waited me out and...--
>>bossbrott described it well,it is
>>just like sitting by the
>>campfire,hopefully i will be able
>>to share something that someone
>>can use,but in the meantime
>>i'll sit back sip my
>>drink,watch the flames and listen.
>>

If you use it for a source of entertainment,and stay away from my " THING" is bigger than your'es you be alright. The flaming will wind down as soon as hunting season starts, except for one or two who stick their nose in everything!!

I wrote my first story. It's in the Article's Section titled High Country Horse Packing. Enjoy!

This was a great open invitation for guys like me to join. I had posted a few times on UWN. Met lots of great guys years ago and then I kinda got bust with work and such. Stopped pocking around the forums. Then this year I drew a bear tag, with only three points and didnt know what I was doing. Turned to some guys ver on UWN and realized they posted on here ass well. I started lurking over hear and had heard some things about this site that if you ask questions, people will flame you and turn you away. I have observed the opposite of that. I created an account to hopefully be able to ask some general questions as luck struck twice for me this year and I drew the Manti Early rifle. Luckily I have hunted that area quite a bit, but I ave only been hunting for 8 years. I didnt start until my early 20's after some friends took me elk hunting. I was hooked but also always a bit intimidated because I didnt grow up hunting with fathers or uncles that showed me the ropes. Luckily I have some great friends who taught me but I am always learning. Thanks for this thread as it helped me come out of my shell a bit and hopefully I will be able to post a successful pic come mid Sept. Been scouting every weekend for the past 5 weeks. Had a nice bull on the came two weeks ago and now there are sheep in the canyon where my cam was. Not sure if he will be back come the rut or not. Any ideas? Thanks

Ok, it's really great to see a bunch of new members, i'm already seeing guys post up in the different Forums that i hadn't seen before and it is definitely for the positive. Thanks New Guys!!

So, now you guys need to learn how to post pictures. Don't be like me and wait around wanting to post pic's but not knowing how and being too stubborn to just take a few minutes to learn how.

I'm now going to walk you through the process but first i will say a couple things to help you get started. If the pic's are in your puter, you probably can post them here. Seems the pics in "jpg" work best for me. Sometimes i have to move pic's around or rename them to get them "jpg" and for the most part stuff like %$//, those kinds of symbols in the pic info doesn't fly.

As i'm writing this post out, i can look right above this message area and the second printed line up is highlighted, "Click here to Upload Your Photo's", Click there!

That will take you to a page that has a little box marked, "Browse". Click there!

That should take you to where you store stuff in your puter, pic's included. Browse thru until you find a pic that you want to share with us. Once you find the pic you want, right click on it and press the "Select" option.

Now this will then take you back to the "Browse" box page and you notice that the pic info is now listed next to the "Browse" box. In this case, this example says "Big Blacktail.jpg"

The other box below it, you then click it, "upload". Once that is done, you will see "http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/8416big_blacktail.jpg" in dark lettering a bit below the boxes. This is usually Darkened or highlighted in Bold print. Left click and run your pointer over this whole sentence until it is covered in Blue. Then, right click and you will see a option to "copy", do so!

Don't forget to "X" out at top right of page. If you do "X" out, you can go back, browse, select, upload, copy, and then finally, "Paste" as many pic's as you want in one post.

Back to the post you are doing, Right click and "paste" the pic's info on to your post where you want the pic, and that's it!

1250big_blacktail.jpg

Check "Preview" below before you "Post Message" with your pic to be sure that they came thru. That should get you started! Have fun with it. It's really not that hard to do. If i can figure it out by myself, it really couldn't be... :)

Joey

Been looking at this website for awhile now and decided to sign up. Been going out west for ten or so years now and can't wait to retire to move out there. I've been on one hunt for mule deer in utah once and have putting in for hunts and pts ever since. I had a good time while there and met some good people from there. When i figure out how to post pics i'll post some of my deer from kansas even though all but one are whitetails.

>Been looking at this website for
>awhile now and decided to
>sign up. Been going out
>west for ten or so
>years now and can't wait
>to retire to move out
>there. I've been on one
>hunt for mule deer in
>utah once and have putting
>in for hunts and pts
>ever since. I had a
>good time while there and
>met some good people from
>there. When i figure out
>how to post pics i'll
>post some of my deer
>from kansas even though all
>but one are whitetails.

I don't think anybody's prejudice here kb....put up them whitetail pics we'd like to see em!

>Ok, it's really great to see
>a bunch of new members,
>i'm already seeing guys post
>up in the different Forums
>that i hadn't seen before
>and it is definitely for
>the positive. Thanks New Guys!!
>
>
>So, now you guys need to
>learn how to post pictures.
>Don't be like me and
>wait around wanting to post
>pic's but not knowing how
>and being too stubborn to
>just take a few minutes
>to learn how.
>
>I'm now going to walk you
>through the process but first
>i will say a couple
>things to help you get
>started. If the pic's are
>in your puter, you probably
>can post them here. Seems
>the pics in "jpg" work
>best for me. Sometimes i
>have to move pic's around
>or rename them to get
>them "jpg" and for the
>most part stuff like %$//,
>those kinds of symbols in
>the pic info doesn't fly.
>
>
> As i'm writing this post
>out, i can look right
>above this message area and
>the second printed line up
>is highlighted, "Click here to
>Upload Your Photo's", Click there!
>
>
>That will take you to a
>page that has a little
>box marked, "Browse". Click there!
>
>
>That should take you to where
>you store stuff in your
>puter, pic's included. Browse thru
>until you find a pic
>that you want to share
>with us. Once you find
>the pic you want, right
>click on it and press
>the "Select" option.
>
>Now this will then take you
>back to the "Browse" box
>page and you notice that
>the pic info is now
>listed next to the "Browse"
>box. In this case, this
>example says "Big Blacktail.jpg"
>
>The other box below it, you
>then click it, "upload". Once
>that is done, you will
>see "http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/8416big_blacktail.jpg" in dark lettering
>a bit below the boxes.
>This is usually Darkened or
>highlighted in Bold print. Left
>click and run your pointer
>over this whole sentence until
>it is covered in Blue.
>Then, right click and you
>will see a option to
>"copy", do so!
>
>Don't forget to "X" out at
>top right of page. If
>you do "X" out, you
>can go back, browse, select,
>upload, copy, and then finally,
>"Paste" as many pic's as
>you want in one post.
>
>
>Back to the post you are
>doing, Right click and "paste"
>the pic's info on to
>your post where you want
>the pic, and that's it!
>
>
>
1250big_blacktail.jpg

>
>Check "Preview" below before you "Post
>Message" with your pic to
>be sure that they came
>thru. That should get you
>started! Have fun with it.
>It's really not that hard
>to do. If i can
>figure it out by myself,
>it really couldn't be... :)
>
>
>Joey
>
>
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

How wides that old 3 point sage? He's purty!

I guess I'll jump in too. I am a lurker as well for about 6-7 years or maybe even longer. I cut my teeth hunting elk starting in '98 as a freshman in college with my dad and two brothers. We've hunted elk every year since and most all but one have been DIY public land hunts. We've hunted the breaks in MT(twice), NM both rifle and archery (3 years), Colorado (first 10 years), took my dad on a guided hunt as a christmas present with josh horrocks and 2dog huntin' in '10 (south diamond slope UT). killed a good 6 pt on that hunt with all three of us boys by his side. (great experience) along with a hunt in oregon last year. We'll be back in NM this year on a DIY archery hunt! We are currently building points for right around 50 or 51 different tags in every state we can. I haven't hunted anything other than elk and of course whitetails here in WI, but considering the points I'm building (between 5-12 pts for everything from mt goat, sheep, elk , deer, speed goats) in every state (currently 34 years old) it's just a matter of time before I'm that guy asking for help ;-)

I'm a life member of the RMEF and NRA and serve on our Indianhead chapter committee for the RMEF here in WI! Ok, think that pretty much covers it...

Thanks for the call out Sage. Lurked for years, with a few posts. Even got challenged to a fight by "The Cat". What a character! I like his passion.

Over the years I have come to respect many of the forum members for their knowledge, and their willingness to assist other members. I have learned a lot, and now it is time to jump back in, and see if I can contribute as well.

I live in NW Montana. Hunting plans include Eastern OR deer, ID controlled deer, MT antelope, deer, and elk with my son, MT waterfowl, and OR pheasant.

I concentrate on mule deer, so MT is not on my favorite place to hunt. Don't like the liberal seasons, mixed deer/elk hunting, and the ability for hunters to participate in archery season, then hunt with a rifle. To few mule deer to allow this much pressure for August till Thanksgiving for my taste.

Thanks again Sage for the push.

Thank you Mntman. Sorry I have not responded sooner, I've been on the mountain! :) Took my first shot on the second morning of the hunt, missed. Over calculated the distance and shot over him. Bought a rangefinder that afternoon.

Hunting is serious business, like football.

>
5989sam_0323.jpg

>
9289sam_0324.jpg

>
29sam_0325.jpg

>
7529sam_0326.jpg

>
3581sam_0327.jpg

>
7891sam_0328.jpg

>Hope I did it right I've
>been trying for a hour.
>Some of the deer my
>family have took over the
>years.

I've never hunted whitetails, but would love to. You've got an interesting collection of great looking bucks! Different poses, fluffy and clean ears, symmetrical and asymmetrical, ears back and ears out, etc. Thanks for the lesson!

"Thanks for the call out Sage"

You are welcome!! Again, awesome guys!!

KBH, Thanks for sharing your whitetail pic's with us...nice ones!!

DW, I wish that were one of mine! That is just a pic of a truly huge Blacktail buck that somebody posted either in the "California" or "Blacktail" Forums and i though remarkable enough to "save pic" to my puter. The country i grew up in had some Dandy Blacktails and my goal was to kill the best buck i could find every year but i don't believe a Buck like that ever lived in our neck of the woods.

We be on a roll! Who else cares to come out of the woodwork? Join in, post up! It's like Lays potato chips, you can't do it just once!! :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom