Powder storage

Pre64

Very Active Member
In the struggle for allocation of square footage I have lost. Reloading has been downgraded to a garage activity. I have always stored components in an indoor closet. Due to the hot dry summers here I am planning on continuing this practice. However, I'd sure like to lock them in a cabinet in the garage.

What do you folks do?

I have been storing my primers and powder in a inclosed cabinet in the garage for many years. I have not seen any signs of deterioration, even with primers & powder that have been there for over 5 years.

We see temps of over 100 for a few days of sumner, and the garage never gets over 120 degrees when closed up for those hot days.

RELH

I also store all my loading components in the garage in a gun safe. Few days also reach 100F+ and some humidity. I purchased some of those moisture absorbing bags that you put in the safe to reduce moisture for the contents. I also have no issues going out past 5years. I have powder and primers working fine while being 10yrs old that I had stored in the house before I purchased the safe...all preforming like new..

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom