POWER/ELECTRICITY QUESTION???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Earlier This Fall I Seen Crews Pouring Cement Pads For Big Power Poles!

These Are A Little North Of the Emma Park Road On The Indian Canyon Road!

I Came Through There Saturday & See They Have The Big Power Poles Up Now!

Just Wondering Where That Power Is Coming From?

And Where It's Going?

Looks Like It's Headed Towards The Wasatch or KALI?:D

Yep, Gateway south transmission project. Runs right through the area we hunt every year. Worked out well for me though, shot a nice Bull 40 yards off one of the new pads, drove almost right to him :D

There was an article last year about a huge wind project in Southern Wyoming selling electricity to California. The guy said he hated Californians but if they were willing to give him their money he would take it. I'm sure you could Google it.

It’s coming from rock springs( Jim Bridger power plant), going through northwest Colorado area, and then through the bonanza area. Then continuing southwest following, eventually heading west across emma park, and south west kind of following highway 6 in Spanish fork canyon, until the hwy 89 turnoff at Billy’s mountain, and from there continuing into nephi.

Are You Helping Stretching The Wire & Erecting The Poles?

It’s coming from rock springs( Jim Bridger power plant), going through northwest Colorado area, and then through the bonanza area. Then continuing southwest following, eventually heading west across emma park, and south west kind of following highway 6 in Spanish fork canyon, until the hwy 89 turnoff at Billy’s mountain, and from there continuing into nephi.

There are multiple lines going from Wyoming to SoCal. 2 go through the snake river valley and south through Ely all the way to the huge substation off highway 93 north of Vegas.

The Kern River HP gas lines also go from Wyoming through west SLC to SoCal.

They still will not have anywhere near the grid required to make the switch to electric cars.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom