Powerful Video

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
***NOT FOR KIDS..OR GIRLY MEN***

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Bucksnort, Is this video about you? If so I would like to THANK YOU SIR! for your service. And tell you there are people who really do appreciate the sacrifices made by all those who do what it takes for us. I know a little about PTSD. When my brother Mike returned from his service in Viet Nam. He had to wait to come back into our parents home,The younger siblings including myself had to move out of our rooms and upstairs. There were people from the military that came to our home and "oked" it for his return. He lived in our basement for 2 years. Sadly the only outlet for him was to turn to drugs. My father was also a combat vet and he at times was able to help Mike. Mike was always "close" with himself. He didn't have many friends. And it was hard to even be his friend as his brother at times. He lived his life hard, and as a result of the years of abuse to his body ,had an Aneurysm and died at the age of 45. I hope returning vets with PTSD have more options for help than vets in the past. Again I thank you sir and thank all the Vets for what they have done for myself and family. (SALUTE)

Stonefly, Video is not about me.. Just thought is was a moving video... Sorry about you're brother..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I have never understood why PTSD messes with guys as it does...which is not to say it is unjustified. I suppose everyone has their own breaking point. Sadly, there just doesn't seem to be any way of predicting what/how/when stuff will mess with someone's head.

Some guys respond only to their own kind, shutting everyone else out, while some wanna stay away from anything that takes them back.

Some guys fret over 'it should have been me instead'. I have a friend like that; he got hit by an RPG--TET 68-- and lay there while the VC pissed on him, stole his watch and ate his food. Then pissed on him and left. He survived by jamming his thumb into what was left of his leg.

As they were taking him away on a litter, a sniper shot the lead stretcher bearer. He still blames himself.

My ongoing best wishes to anyone and everyone who's served in actual combat conditions ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

Gave me the chills. I have the wonderful privilege to work with these brave young men and women every day. You can see the damage that has been done in their eyes sometimes. I far off gaze, a sudden edgy awareness that isn't normal for a classroom environment, a comment that would otherwise be funny that no one laughs at, a reverence and respect for duty and sacrifice.

Thanks for posting this! I needed to see this. Makes me appreciate my job that much more and I makes me want to redouble my efforts for them!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom