PR. Extrem or Power Belts.

400bull

Very Active Member
I have been playing around with several bullets (Barnes, Hornady, Speer, Power Belts and Precision Bullet) trying to find out witch one to use for hunting mule deer and elk with. I don't like the Barnes bullet, because I bust a nut every time I try to load my muzzleloader with on of these tight fitting bullets. The Hornady and Speer bullets that I have tried will not give me the accuracy that I am looking for. So I am not left with two bullets, the 295 gr. Power Belt and the Precision Extreme 360 gr.

I like the thoughts of going with the Extreme bullet because it has a little more weight for Elk hunting and I can achieve about a half inch tighter group then I do with the Power Belt at 100 yards. But they are a little bit harder to load and a little slower out the barrel.

So lets have it guys, what bullet would you recommend going with?

400bull

Accuracy always wins out for me, Any little lead pill will kill anything if it put in the right place.Go with P.E 360. I get the best groups with powerbelts 348 copper.

I love the 295 aero-tip powerbelts. I'm using 2, 50gr. pellets and the accuracy is great and loading & cleaning has never been so easy. I've dug a few outta the "berm" and the expansion is consistent. After "pounding" sabots down barrels for years, the powerbelts are a great alternative. Hopefully, I get a chance to field test their performance on a big ol' NM Bull this fall !!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom