practice, practice, practice

C

Coach Hunt

Howdy,

Just a reminder, during the summer, get out there and shoot!!! We owe it to the wonderful animals we hunt to make clean humane kills. The only way to consistently do that is to be EXPERT marksmen...and women!

How do you guys practice??? I shoot mostly .22 rimfire about 100 rounds per week until August then shoot 200 to 300 and start adding in centerfire ammo as well.

How about the rest of you???

Coach

I practice like you do Coach. I shoot about 4 or 5 bricks of .22 ammo in the spring and early summer. Then I switch to CF and BP, of which I try to shoot twice a week until fall.

I am not a naturally talented shooter like some of the guys on this site seem to be, so I need all of the practice that I can get. And then some.

I am not sure that I will ever consider myself an "expert" marksman, but not for lack of effort!

Take it easy and be safe.

I need to get to the range more. I try to make it about every weekend... When I do go though, I take my 22's, two cf rifles, and my black powder. I am usually there for about 3 hours or more, depends on how much ammo I bring. I shoot 100 and 200 yards to see how I do. I find it quite relaxing. Then I go home and crank out some more on the bench for the next trip.

Ivan

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-03 AT 11:00AM (MST)[p]I like to shoot lots of gophers with my 22 and a bit of trap with the 12 ga. I also thump around off the bench a bit with my CF rifles and shoot every crow I can on my property.

shoot coach, you know, I like to wait until about a week before the opener and go to the range and fire three or four rounds to make sure the ol' jackhandle is still shootin good.Should be good enough huh???:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom