prairie dogs

casper31

Just wondering if my son who is 9 years old could legally hunt prairie dogs. We are going to be out hunting antelope late sept and I would like for him to get in some practice with the 17hmr.Wasnt sure on the age for kids to hunt in wyoming we are both nonresidents thanks.

For information on fishing or hunting in Wyoming not found on this Web site please call our Customer Service Center at 307-777-4600

I want to say yes but make a call to be sure. Good luck.

Did the same thing last year as my son was 9 also. Yes you can do that you just have to go the game and fish office and they will give you a paper. Its something called the mentoring program. They can only do it for one season best I understood. You see children have to 12 in wyoming. Just tell them what your wanting to do and they will fix you up.

Question
Do I need a license to shoot prairie dogs?

Answer
No license is required to shoot prairie dogs and there is no closed season. However, there are some portions of the National Grasslands that are closed to prairie dog hunting. A map showing closed areas can be obtained from the National Grasslands office in Douglas, WY 307-358-4960. Also, to hunt prairie dogs on private lands, permission must be obtained from the landowner. Greatest densities of prairie dogs are found on private lands in eastern Wyoming.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom