Pray for snow!!! Please!!!

Wapiti

I don't want to offend anyone that doesn't believe in God, but anyone that does I ask that you pray for snow. We are in desperate times. We need things to change soon or we as a people and the environment as we know it is going to be in serious trouble. The drought needs to end. I just read an article in the Salt Lake Tribune about the conditions here in Utah. Up near Trial Lake in the Unitas, at the headwaters of four major rivers, the current snow pack is at 20 inches. Normally it is 80 or more inches. This area supplies the Prove, Weber, Duchesne, and Bear rivers. In addition the range conditions for deer, elk, and many other animals are dangerously dry. It is setting up for disaster. Major die offs of animals is eminent. Their food supply is already in poor condition and if things don't change, well it won't be good for man or beast.
Our water supply for irrigation and drinking is dwindling rapidly. At the current rate there will not be much run off for lakes and rivers. It will affect the fisheries as well.
So I ask of all people everywhere to please pray for rain and especially snow! Please take this seriously.

I'm with you Wapati! Here in New Mexico, we have had three mild winters and the summers have provided little rain if any. As of recent, we have had a couple of systems passing through, but not much to benefit the snow pack.

Last year we could not even take the boat out to our favorite lake. Run off has limited irrigation which makes my yard look like an old abandoned pasture.

As you mentioned, the animals are suffering as well. I hunted antelope in August and found most of the pronghorn to be malnurished. Deer hunting was much of the same in the southern part of the state. The 3x3 I dropped did not have enough meat on his bones to feed the family.

Our forests are also suffering from a bark bettle infestation. Due to the mild winters, the bark bettles are killing our pinon and juniper trees. Near the Los Alamos area, we are seeing over 50% of the tree population is dead. If you recall, the fire season of 2000 had a tremendous effect on the economy as over 250 homes were lost in Los Alamos. Last year, we had several serious forest fires that destroyed thousands of acres of precious hunting land. I realize fire is good for the forest, but it would not happen if the forests were thinned properly and we had adequate moisture.

Pray for Rain and Snow!

BadBry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom