prayers needed

marley

Very Active Member
As of right now my family and I are safe away from the fire but not sure if we will have a home to return to with the Waldo fire. The news just showed a house not 100 yards up the hill from my house in flames. Pray for the people of Colorado Springs and especially our fire fighters risking their lives for our community.

My friend lives in Fort Collins and tells me it's the worst he has ever seen.I hope that you still have a home to come back to,but you and your Family can rebuild.

Hoping & Praying everybody is Safe and your House makes it!

My Aunt & Uncle Lost their Home/Place to a Fire here in Utah just a few days ago!

I don't think alot of people realize what Fire can do in a quick hurry!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

marley, I spent a couple summers fighting wildfies. This is a bad year. I hope your place is saved. I know they're doing all they can. Prayers sent and keep us posted.

Eel

I thought that the fire in Utah was so terrible and it is. We lost our ranch. Everything including equipment and living area. The fire in Utah is nothing from what they say is going on in Colorado. Fire is so bad and after seeing what the Wood Hollow fire can do I really feel for those in Colorado. I wish you luck but being alive is the most important. All people in these fires my prayers go out to them. I pray for rain everyday. God bless you all in this terrible situation.

Marley, I hope that you home is safe from the fire. At least your family is safe. Homes can be rebuilt.

Birdman, sorry for your loss.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Prayers from Wyoming.I know what it's like to have your home burn down,and it's not fun.The important thing is your family is safe.

marley,
Good luck to you man. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
It's going to be a long hot summer and we all need prayers to get through it.
Zeke

Thanks everyone....so far my answering machine at the house is still picking up so that has me optimistic. It's heartbreaking to here from neighbors that we are so close to losing their homes.

Prayers are with everyone. My cousin used to live there and he posted this photo. It looks like an absolute scene of horror.

1813fire_in_colorado.jpg

>>>---->
For the love of the game

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-12 AT 11:05AM (MST)[p]You have ours! As do the rest of those whose homes are in jeopardy and also those who are fighting those fires.

This is a picture of my neighborhood as of last night. My house is about 100 yards to the left of what you can see.

2729548592_4128539501792_1094362716_n.jpg

Holy Crap, that thing is terrifying! I hope that you and your community can somehow be spared. Where are you now?

TRH

Thoughts and prayers with you as well. Sadly this is going to be a big year for fires. So dry, so early, not a good combo. God bless to all experiencing something like this.

Wow you are in the middle of the hot zone. Prayers sent for all of Colorado.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Marley, any news regarding your home?

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

My answering machine at my house is still picking up so either my house is still standing or I have the most resilient answering machine in the world. Thanks guys for your concern and prayers. I just got evacuated from my office in woodland park now so I'm heading to Utah.

Please let me know if you need a place to stay Marley. I know that you don't know me, but I have a place for you if you need it.

}}-SLIVER-->

Thank you all. I've had so many offers of help from people on MM. Your concern and offers have brought tears to my eyes. My wife and kids are already staying with family in Utah and I all be heading there tomorrow. Thank you all again.

P.S. I did get all my animals out in time.

That's good man, I knew you had some really nice mounts, and were hoping you got em out. I often think of the things that I would take from my home in case of fire, and my mounts are on the top of that list.

}}-SLIVER-->

I know there is not a lot that can be done at this point but I am TDY to Peterson AFB for the next couple weeks so I will be in the Springs until around the 12th. If you need anything checked on while you are gone hit me up. I will pm you my #. Im sure your neighbors will have plenty of other stuff to take care of so let me know....

What I have is yours if you need it man, let me know if I can help at all... I lost your number a few Weeks back....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Insurances will help with the rebuiding if needed, AS long as your family is safe that is what matters.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Any news on your home Marley? It looks like 346 homes have been destroyed, but homeowners are starting to find out the devestation now. It's been a much better day today. Now the friggin scammers and looters are out though.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 04:57PM (MST)[p]I read this thread yesterday and it made me think about what it would be like. Little did I know a few hours later our town (Oak City Utah) would be evacuated due to a fire. Watching how fast that fire went across the mountain was amazing.

They let us back in at 10 this morning. No homes lost but it burned right up to them. If it hadn't been for the firefighters, planes and dozers this town would be a memory today.

Two neighbors were lifeflighted with burns while working on the volunteer department. It's a miracle that Oak City didn't burn to the ground.

May GOD be with you all in this time of need an uncertainty.
Hope all is well. Shipped out from Carson a few years back, what a beautiful mountain and city.

Just found out that my house is still standing. The fire came within 80 yards of my house. Thank you all for your offers of help and prayers.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]There is plenty of pissing and purring on this site over lots of petty subjects, but this is one I think we can all unite on. WE ARE ALL GLAD YOUR HOME is OK, AND WISH THE SAME FOR OTHERS STILL IN HARMS WAY.
I have often wondered about a fire, and think it would be really tough to lose my trophy mounts. Anyway, we will keep praying for everyone else!

Be careful out there, so we have a place to go this fall!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 10:46PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-12 AT 10:45?PM (MST)

We had a fire start about 10 miles North of Grand Junction yesterday. Doubled in size over night to about 1500 acres. Just heard it's now at 10,000 acres They closed I-70 between the Grand Mesa off ramp and Debeque a couple of hours ago. About 50 people around Debeque have been evacuated. Supposed to be about 50 well sites in the path too. Huge plumes of smoke over Mt. Garfield on the Bookcliffs. They were expecting it to jump I-70 over to the Grand Mesa any time. Crazy stuff! Everyone stay safe!

If anyone knows of a hunter who lost their home, I have some archery equipment that I would like to donate. I figure that with them trying to get their lives back together getting new hunting equipment probably won't be at the top of their priorities.

Thanks,
Coleman

Prayers for Marley and all others impacted by these devastating fires. Please let me know if you know of anybody that needs anything, I am happy to give what I have.

My prayers for you, your family and all of the people that are going through the tough times with fires this summer. Thank God we have firefighters that risk their lives to fight this devastation. Take care Marley!

is your house outta danger yet?

sounds like so far you were one of the smart ones that had some sort of firebreak? like not having brush against the house etc?

glad to hear it was still standing. I love what wildfires do to the range but i hate hearingabout homes being lost. i cant imagine the feeling your haing! goodluck and god bless

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom