precipitation in march and april?

adubs

I'm planning for my first antelope hunt this year. I am pretty set on applying for unit 67 (4 of us, average 6.5 NR pts). I was looking at the precipitation amounts for march (3.52") and april (4.62") according to gohunt. That would seem like a great thing for early green up and healthy herds. I've also read that late winter snow storms can be hard on herds, so I guess my question is, was it rain or snow that has the precipitation numbers so high and is that a really good thing or not such a good thing?

Thanks,

Adubs

If I look at the Casper Mt Snowtel station it is showing current snow water equivalent at 159% of median and preciptation at 110% of median. This is at 7900 ft and I am not really sure how close that is to your unit but it tells me they got quite a bit of snow this year compared to normal.

March and April precip is critical for grass and forb production.

Wyoming has had some spring snow storms but I don't think they were the long cold killing kind.

I think the antelope tag numbers are up 4200 this year, statewide.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom