Precision Dead Center bullets, anyone shoot these?

steepandeep

I did some research and found the Precision Dead center bullets to be ranked very high among the flattest, and most accurate bullets out there. That being said, I picked some P.D.C. 260 gr. up to try out and see how they performed. I'm shooting a T/C Omega 50 cal. with 100 gr.of Blackhorn 209 powder and 209 primer. I found this combo @ 100 yrds to shoot better then my old combo of T7 and 256 gr. powerbelts, but I still was expecting a little tighter group with the new bullets. I still think I might be able to improve my groups by adjusting my load, but untill I can hit the range again and do that I am wondering if anyone has any experiance with Precision bullets and if so what combo worked best for you?

I shoot them out of my .45 cal DISC. I shoot the 260 gr ones. My gun has the 1 in 20 twist so I shoot 150 grains of triple 7 pellets. Fast Flat and hard hitting.

I have an Omega too, mine likes 95 grains of BH209 and the 300 grain QT(green sabot). I get nice groups out to 200 yards.

Try out different brands of primers, plain old Federal 209's have been great. Hope that helps

I'm glad you guys are having success with Precision bullets. I was thinking about trying 95 gr. of powder and up to around 120 gr. Hopefully I can find one that stands out. I shoot winchester W209 primers, Is there a better primer out there?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 07:46PM (MST)[p]What kind of groups are you getting now?

Hopefully you can do better with conicals and your Omega than I was able to do with mine. My QLA was cut off center (verified) and when the conicals get into that area gasses escaping faster on one side than the other kick the bullets sideways.

That said, if yours was cut straight, you might have some success. With mine, the best groups I got were not good, but they were better at lower powder charges than higher ones. 90-95 grs gave me my best groups. All you can do is try and see. Good luck.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Man, thats too bad about your Omega, What can you do with a problem like that? Does it fall back on T/C to do something about it? Last weekened my groups were in the 6-8" range, @100 yrds, which is still in the kill zone, but I was shooting out of a solid gun rest, so I would like to be able to get them in a lot closer then that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom