PREDATOR A HERO!!

Tuffbucker

Very Active Member
Did anyone happen to catch the news story on our own Lisa P. "PREDATOR", the other night. It seems she is being credited with saving the lives of a couple small children during a house fire the other day.

Good Job Lisa!! Its good to see the media giving you the props you deserve!!

SCOTT

That is awesome!!!!!!! You go girl! That is definately something to be proud of!
yotewalk.gif

Eric

WAY TO GO Pred!!!

I DIDN'T SEE IT BUT THANKS!!!

IF I EVER GET IN A NINE LINE BIND(WHICH I DO ONCE IN A WHILE!!!) I HOPE THEY CALL YOU TO TRY AND FIGURE OUT WHERE THE HELL I AM!!!

THE ONLY bobcat ALWAYS THINKING:SOMEDAY SHE'S GONNA BE FAMOUS!!!

If I know Lisa, and I think I do, she will say, "I'm no hero, just a good cop doing the job that I am paid to do". Well, here's a toast to a damn good cop, and a well deserved pat on the back for going above and beyond the call of duty.

RELH

She's always been a hero a lot folks, especially the younger generation she's introduced to the outdoors......this is just another example. Glad she was there to help. Good job Lisa.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Good news to start off my moring before I quail hunt.

Great job Lisa!
Making us proud!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Lisa,

You are a highly thought of here and now of your community, we bowe to your services to the uniform and your department and those around you.

Brian

Holy wow, you guys, knock it off!! Here I come in from stickflippin' at elk in the snow to find Tuffie's blown the lid off my being cornered by the media. A nice citizen seemed to see things differently than they really happened, and called EVERYONE. (and I mean absolutely everyone). What's really funny is that I didn't even see the story, because I was betting it wasn't going to air.

Let me just set this straight, and no offense to Tuff. It musta been a slow news day, cuz I didn't do anything special. The kids were not in the burning house, they were in the driveway. I don't think they were ever in real danger (that side of the house is brick), but they were darn scared and were crying cuz their kittie cats were still in the house. Mom was trying to get 'em in a car, but was too flustered with the five of 'em being so scared that she wasn't going to get anywhere.

All I did was help a very worried mom and her five kids away from the area. That was it.

The real heroes were the firefighters who knocked that thing down quickly enough to keep the damage to one room. The family was able to stay in the home, and hey, even the cats found their way out.

That was enough for me!

Fellas, your posts have made my day; but I don't consider anything I did to rise to the level of 'hero'. That term is reserved for very very special things.

Pred

Just consider it overdue props for all the times you did something that no one noticed. You don't go being a badge for that long without making a difference if you really do care.

It always cracks me up when cops try and beat us to reported structure fires (not saying that you were doing that) I told one sheriff's deputy once that passed us on a road going into a subdivision on the way to a fire, "Listen man. I don't go trying to beat you to reported shootings, so don't go trying to beat us to reported fires. Besides, your blue polyester doesn't hold up so well in the heat." The ding-a-ling actually blocked access for us in the cul-de-sac that the house fire was in.

Anyways, like I said, just consider this an atta-girl for the times when no one noticed.

Buckspy- LOL!! I know what you mean. Some of our medics have attended SWAT school, and I can't tell you how many times I've gone on a call where I find a drunk being held down with a twistlock by a medic.......and I have to remind the drunk who whines about how the big bad paramedics were mean to him- "there is no such thing as firefighter brutality".

And those wiseasses gave me a freakin' plastic helmet and sticky badge today.......for that they get no ice cream.

I learned a long time ago to leave my extinguisher in the trunk on minor fires! Nothing like seeing a truck full of turnout gear pout when you put something out......LOL

>and I can't tell
>you how many times I've
>gone on a call where
>I find a drunk being
>held down with a twistlock
>by a medic.

ROFL!!!!

I'M NO LAW OFFICER BUT!!!

IT REMINDS ME THE TIME I WAS DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD & SEE A BRUSH FIRE HEADED TOWARDS A HOUSE!!!

I STOPPED,NOBODY AROUND,I HAD TO TURN THE WATER METER ON SO I COULD FIGHT THE FIRE WITH A GARDEN HOSE,AN HOUR AND A HALF AFTER THE FIRE DEPARTMENT WAS CALLED THEY FINALLY SHOWED UP!!!

BY THE TIME THEY SHOWED UP I HAD THE FIRE OUT!!!

I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW THERE AIN'T NOTHING MADDER THAN A FIREFIGHTER WITHOUT A FIRE TO PUT OUT!!!

HE ASKS ME FOR MY ADDRESS,I SAID WHAT DO YOU NEED MY ADDRESS FOR???

HE SAYS WE ARE SENDING YOU A BILL,I SAID HEY BUD,THIS AIN'T MY HOUSE & I DIDN'T CALL YOU,BOY WAS HE PI$$ED!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THESE BOYS MUST REALLY ENJOY RUNNING THAT BIG FIRE HOSE???

Ditto on what BUCKSPY had to say. You guys (and gals:)) deserve a big thanks for everything you do every day!

Another Atta Girl for you Pred! Way to go!

By the way folks we should give All of our Law Enforcement officers as well as Firefighters a round of applause for all they do everyday.. So heres to you to Buckspy!

Standing and clapping.... Cheers

Lisa,

You don't give your self enough credit. Nick tells me all the time that if you were still on patrol in our district we would not have near the man downs cause you run them all off! You did a great thing the other day and even if you don't feel like a hero, consider it thanks for what you have done that you did NOT get credit for! Keep up the great work and have a great day!

Chad

Aww, Chad, thanks a lot. Nick is right, you know before I started the zero tolerance in that district, men down accounted for something like 35% of your calls. I think that's a waste. We are never going to get them to stop drinking. I used to have a dollar amount on how much the city spends on a man down, from your response, to my response, to the court system. It was ungodly.

Oh, and the plastic hat came in real handy tonight, thanks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom