Predator Hunting Success Photos

Photo contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
We need a new giveaway going and more fun photos to look at. So, let's see some of your past Predator Hunting Success Photos. Lions, bears, coyotes, wolves, etc.
Share some details about each photo too!

We'll run the contest for a few weeks and then I'll draw winners from those who share photos.

The contest prizes will be a Phone Skope Kit for 1st place and Pyro Putty and an Arch Lighter for 2nd place. Thanks to the folks at Phone Skope for the gear! If you don't already own the a Phone Skope, then get over to their site and get one......that is if you don't win one here! It's a valuable piece of gear to have with you for helping to preserve your hunting and scouting adventures.

Get Yourself a Phone Skope
phone=skope-12720.jpg

This was my first coyote. This was about 4 years ago. He was running when I shot him and he rolled. Me and my little brother (on the left) walked up to him and he jumped up and started running I hip shot my 6.5 creedmoor and killed him for good. Crazy to see how much we have grown in a few years.
IMG_1761.jpeg

I was coyote calling from the roof of my son's cabin a few years ago. My remote controlled caller, along with a random orbiting coyote tail, was set up just a few yards to the north with a couple thousand BLM acres as a backdrop. I had my .220 Swift Savage single shot, a Benelli M4 and my suppressed H&K .45 laid out in front of me.

Late in the afternoon, I had this guy come up to the call and I wanted to see how close he would come.

He came close enough to put a single 230g HP behind his right ear from about 30yards out.

My 2021 Utah Bear with my wife by my side every time, she loved it more than I did.
We fed this big boy a lot of old donuts till he finally slipped up and his sweet tooth brought him in about 20 minutes before dark.
Prior to that slip-up he had us trained to feed him every fourth or fifth day.
Donuts will kill you!

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9404.jpeg

IMG_9403.jpeg

IMG_9438.jpeg

Here's my best lion. He was the fifth cat we trailed that day all on foot. We had already covered 9 miles (the dogs had done 10x that) and all of the dogs were limping their way along the trail heading back to the truck when the wind switched and they air scented this cat just a hundred yards below us. I've never seen an animal come alive so fast. All of the dogs exploded running like they were fresh again The cat jumped tree and only went a few yards before he climbed back in another. We were still 3 miles from the truck and unfortunately had to bone him out. He was 1/8 out from being B&C we guessed he was close to 180lbs.
IMG_6105.jpg
IMG_6100.jpg

Here's my best lion. He was the fifth cat we trailed that day all on foot. We had already covered 9 miles (the dogs had done 10x that) and all of the dogs were limping their way along the trail heading back to the truck when the wind switched and they air scented this cat just a hundred yards below us. I've never seen an animal come alive so fast. All of the dogs exploded running like they were fresh again The cat jumped tree and only went a few yards before he climbed back in another. We were still 3 miles from the truck and unfortunately had to bone him out. He was 1/8 out from being B&C we guessed he was close to 180lbs.View attachment 137358View attachment 137365
Stomper Tom!!! Congrats

Winners Have Been Drawn!

Lots of great photos to look at. I sure appreciate all of you who joined in and shared photos. Thank you all

@DBLung wins the Phone Skope Kit
and
@PerezA scores the Pyro Putty and an Arch Lighter

Be sure before getting out for your scouting trips this summer to get yourself a Phone Skope. It's nice to have with you in case you see something and don't want to forget what he looked like.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom