prefered loads

B

Blacktail_boy

Hey all, I was wondering what kind of loads you guys use for deer and elk. I am still in search of my perfect load. I am hoping that by reading what you guys use I will be able to pin point my exact load...I use a T/C blackdiamond, and so far shoot 2 pellets and a 300 grain sabot...It just does not feel right, shoots great but for some reason I do not like it. Looking foward to reading your posts.. Thanks, :) B_B

I know a lot of people are not fans of the pellets but I've had great luck shooting two 50-grain Pyrodex pellets and a 250 sabot. I've killed everything from moose to coyotes with this load.

Try 2 50gr and 1 30gr pellets(130) and a 400 gr T/C that what my buddy shots and he getting good groups,He shots a Black Diamond too.

Blacktail_boy,

I have a BD as well and I use strictly Powerbelt/Blackbelt bullets. I use the 295 gr (lead or copper clad) and using Bluelk's technique for establishing the optimal load I found that 110 gr of loose Pyrodex RS does the job for me.

I'd highly recommend the Powerbelts. My gun takes the 295 and 348 gr bullets just fine. You find the right charge to put behind it and you'll be able to harvest anything you want in the woods.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom