Preference Point HELP!

coalminer

OK guys I am all nervous that I did my app wrong! I just want the PP that's it. This is the summary on my receipt. Is this right?

1st Choice:
Hunt Code: DP99999P
Pref Pnts
Preference Point Option: No, I would not like to OPT out

Group Number: No Group Number Entered
Unsuccessful Option: REFUND

Thanks for your time...

Looks good cause it says , you would "not" like to opt out. That means you will pay the $25 for a PP.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Yea Coal you got it correct. And if you had preference point already from last year for deer you will get most of your money back as well.

Do you need to buy an annual hunting license for preference point only? I am a non-resident.

>Do you need to buy an
>annual hunting license for preference
>point only? I am a
>non-resident.

No, not in Colorado.

Yes.
If you had a license last year, it will cost you $13 this year if not it will cost you $38 to get a point.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Oh Yeah About that $10 Habitat stamp...If memory serves correct, It was introduced in 2006 to help fund the state wildlife areas. If you hunted in the SWA then you needed the stamp to access the areas. If you hunted BLM NF or private land then you didn't need the stamp. The following year Everyone!! had to have the stamp regardless of where you hunted. You had to purchase it after you drew a tag. Then DOW decided that in order to have your tag awarded to you you needed to purchase the stamp first. And to finally answer your question.. New for 2011 The Habitat Stamp Is automatically purchased when you put in for a tag or just points..And You are now the owner of a habitat stamp that is non refundable..Even if you don't have a hunting license to attach it to.

Thanks for that information. I wondered what was happening as I applied for a license for me and a PP only for my Son. We both were charged for a Habitat Stamp. I sent an email and got a silly response that didn't explain anything.

Before you die.....Take time to live

Thanks for the replies, I can wipe the sweat off my brow! I dont know why they cant just put a box that says: Yes I want a preference point, instead of click this box if you choose not to opt out of this that and the other and double negatives, and then I get all confused!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom