Preference Point Only

BMosh

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't we be able to purchase preference points only starting today?? I'm not finding the option on the web site.

For some reason they have not put the PP option up on the site today to buy them and I have no idea why. People on other sites are asking the same question.

Hopefully tomorrow. No big hurry, just want to get it done as not to forget. Tried several times, but have not activated for points only yet.

I'm a non-resident, but am hunting deer & antelope this year in Wyoming, can I still buy points? Going forward in years to come, am I just charged the point price or both the point and license? I'd like to just buy points for a few years. I was thinking Colorado, but instead of waiting till 2015, I can start this year in Wyoming. Thanks.

I think if you did not use points to get your current tag (random draw, or 2nd choice), then you can buy a point this year.

You cannot draw a first choice tag and buy a PP for that animal in the same calendar license. You obviously got both tags you applied for this year as a first choice and that's why those two options were grayed and didn't allow you to buy a PP for them. Next year you can start buying PPs without buying any licenses and do that each year until you apply for a tag in the draw to try and use them for a harder to draw tag. You can also buy leftover tags that are available and hunt very year while you're building your PPs.

>You cannot draw a first choice
>tag and buy a PP
>for that animal in the
>same calendar license. You
>obviously got both tags you
>applied for this year as
>a first choice and that's
>why those two options were
>grayed and didn't allow you
>to buy a PP for
>them. Next year you can
>start buying PPs without buying
>any licenses and do that
>each year until you apply
>for a tag in the
>draw to try and use
>them for a harder to
>draw tag. You can also
>buy leftover tags that are
>available and hunt very year
>while you're building your PPs.
>

Thanks for the detailed response.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom