preference points

martinc

As an Easterner who would like to hunt Western States over the next years, would you please help sorting out the preference points system in your state. Specifically I would like to know where would you apply
I bought pref points for elk and mule deer in Colorado last year. Was planning to do it in Utah, but is it worth it in Wyoming ? I know the points are getting expensive but at least I would start with everyone else there.
Also what do you think of the sheep points at 100$ ? If it keeps a lot of people out, it may give good odds in the 10-15 years...
Anywhere else you can get sheep or goat points ?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you all

Martin

There are points for all species in Montana, who knows how much it helps though, We've had points for about 5 years I think. They are not true points either, juts another name in the hat as I understand it?

I've heard Wyoming is excellent, although remember some of these States have big restrictions of import of carcases due to CWD. I know Washington's point system has a multiplier, so just square the number of years you have applied to count the number of points you have for Wa.

Wy has a true preference system for sheep. In 2006 there will be a $100 application fee. If you are just starting it will take you at least 20 years to get to max point status, but 25% of tags go into random draw(all apps put into the draw pot). But draw odds for random draw are less than 5%.

Nv has bonus points. Look at various state websites for what they offer. Due to supply/demand there are no states with good odds.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Martin --- come on IN and "Buy & Build",like the rest of US.If serious about hunting out WEST,BUY that Pre Point for Elk and Deer in Wy in "06"You,Me and 50,000 others will All have 1 pref Point for "07".
Just starting to play and pay,look to the States that have BONUS POINTS,best chance to draw here.Nv and Az,Oregon are a must.Stay away from Washington,B.P.system,UNFARE !!! As for Pref Point states,Col is Good,I cashed My 5 Pref Points in last year for Mule Deer,I'll start over here again in "06".New Mex has NO point system,apply here,everyone (N.R.) have same draw chance.Hope this HELPS,BUY AND BUILD,same oh,same OH ---

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom