Preping to Buy a Tripod Head

JadgBob

I have recently ordered a tripod to use with my Swarovski 15x binoculars. I am getting ready to buy a head for the tripod. The one I am looking at is a Manfrotto 128RC QR Micro Fluid Head. I can pick one up for $89. Does anyone have suggestions as to what they are using for a similar large binocular? Money is an issue at the moment so I am trying to keep the expense around the price of the Manfrotto, or less.
Thank you for your help!
JadgBob

For half the weight and the same price, you might consider the Manfrotto 700 RC2. I have one for use with my 15s, and like its smoothness. I did remove the grip, cut the handle down, and slid the grip back on.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
CoyoteButtesSo_721.jpg

The 128RC is the new version of the 3130 that is discontinued. You can sometimes find the 3130 used on e-Bay for $50.

If you want to try a pistol grip you can get the Bogen 3265 on e-Bay for about $50 also.

i have a 128 rc and i love it.

Sure You Can Trust Your Government... Just Ask An Indian

I like the 700rc2 as well. Great value! You'll save close to a pound by going with the 700rc2. Just my opinion but I would not cut the handle down. I believe that the long handle aids in how fluid the movement is. The handle tucks in close to the legs when transporting. I might be splitting hairs but I have tried this before and did not like the results. JMO. I guess it would also depend on just how short you went. CDN

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom