Pressure ………

Good post. Much better than the adolescence of those other three jokers in here.

Says the guy that obsesses constantly about posts from others and who else is liking them. The beacon of maturity, for sure!

Just like Stillwater has been the ideal of class and respect in this thread.

Utah is a terrible place. Neither of you should ever come back. Tell your friends too!

I’ve hunted Utah a lot over the last 20 years. I’ve experienced shitty people and poor hunting ethics. I’ve also experienced that in Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming. There are dangerous and disrespectful hunters in every state. All of the experiences of heavy pressure and disrespect have happened in heavily hunted areas. I’ve learned over time to get away from the pressured areas. If you can walk a mile or more you can get away from people anywhere, even in general hunts.

I’m not trying to take a cheap shot at anyone. I’ve hunted 4 general deer units in Utah in the last 20 years. 3 of those units I’ve hunted multiple times. I’ve had to stay in the higher trafficked areas a couple times because I was taking my young kids hunting. It can be a **** show. But if I walked 1/2 mile from those areas I was out of the chaos.

Funny, I hunted Utah for over a decade when I lived there and never saw anything like you are describing in any of the general units I hunted. I actually had several days where I didn't see anyone else while hunting.

Must have gotten way worse since I left in 2019.

Best of luck and I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you hang around until mid week. -----SS
The hunting traffic in the mountains hasn't increased or decreased since 2019, but the recreational crowd has drastically increased since Covid. More SxS, more off-road groups, more trail runners, etc.
Everyone bought outdoor toys during Covid, now they have to justify the purchase every year. The areas around Nebo have substantially increased in population over the last 10-years...so that hasn't helped either.

Says the guy that obsesses constantly about posts from others and who else is liking them. The beacon of maturity, for sure!

Utah is a terrible place. Neither of you should ever come back. Tell your friends too!
You deserve no respect, I learned that on here many years ago reading your bs arguments with just about everybody at one time or another ! Had you not referred to me as basically lying about what I saw I might have given you the benefit of the doubt …….. but you didn’t so …… bye. I won’t tolerate being called a liar from anyone let alone some internet individual ! Id love to call you some much more colorful things but I won’t be like you ?

Hope you’re able to stay long enough to kill a deer that fits your son’s saddle before you head home. One way or another, sorry it’s been a bust and hope the next time you come is under better circumstances. Be safe SW.
Thanks a bunch ! We’re getting gone tho. Kiddo had a couple chances at forkies and let ‘em go…… the second one didn’t make it long past us ….He spotted a bull moose, some elk and a ton of does but nothing even decent horn wise. We tried high low and a bunch of places in between. Heck we’re all right with it ! Now we know anyway ! Take Care

The only 2 places you could name are right along the “highway” ??? that explains it.

Sure it’s legal to drive up and down the road looking for game. You can’t shoot from the road, but step off and you’re fine.

I don’t think you made it up. It think you overly exaggerated the situations and your skin is paper thin. Sounds like you’d only be happy if you had the place to yourself.

What did the “warden” have the dirtbike pulled over for? What color was the truck?

Try LEAVING the “highway”. See what happens then.
Ahh I never asked for help on this hunt, didn’t really know a thing about it. From what I read on the Utah website the highway was the main access to the unit. So that’s what I used to get from place to place. I did find a gravel finally on the south end but it’s not wide enough to meet other traffic in places and scratched up my pkup so I decided no more of that. I don’t know of any other ways in. We’ve hiked plenty so I’m done with those stupid comments from you. And no I guess I didn’t stop and ask the warden what he was doing to the dirt biker…….. it was none of my business ! And the truck was dark grey …. Why was it you ???? The atv was a white Yamaha YZ 450 piped two stroke, was that also you ??? I know what it was cause I’ve had 2 of them. And also for your information, after Monday things were pretty good. Plenty of hunters but no issues that I saw. And as far as your yuppie and paper thin skin comments …… ha what a joke ! I calve 270 head of cows a year and run my own cattle hauling business, and have done taxidermy on the side since the 90’s……. Yuppie ??? Not hardly ……

Since when do you know anything about maturity? The whole pot calling a kettle black thing just doesn't seem to sink in with you does it.

Must suck to be you being this way. You're the reason why UT would be a terrible place and the type that gives UT a bad name; pompous and arrogant. A regular Karen-nilla.

It's a good thing you really don't speak for all Utahns...

Last edited:
Ahh I never asked for help on this hunt, didn’t really know a thing about it. From what I read on the Utah website the highway was the main access to the unit. So that’s what I used to get from place to place. I did find a gravel finally on the south end but it’s not wide enough to meet other traffic in places and scratched up my pkup so I decided no more of that. I don’t know of any other ways in. We’ve hiked plenty so I’m done with those stupid comments from you. And no I guess I didn’t stop and ask the warden what he was doing to the dirt biker…….. it was none of my business ! And the truck was dark grey …. Why was it you ???? The atv was a white Yamaha YZ 450 piped two stroke, was that also you ??? I know what it was cause I’ve had 2 of them. And also for your information, after Monday things were pretty good. Plenty of hunters but no issues that I saw. And as far as your yuppie and paper thin skin comments …… ha what a joke ! I calve 270 head of cows a year and run my own cattle hauling business, and have done taxidermy on the side since the 90’s……. Yuppie ??? Not hardly ……
Are you driving a grey ram with blue Oregon license plates???? ? You drove right by a nice 3x4 on your hurry to get out before it got dark…

I know of lots of cattle pushers that are as anti hunter and anti wildlife as it gets. Just because you fondle cows for a living doesn’t mean you aren’t hippy trash.

Last edited:
I run into as many campers and atv riders as I do hunters. Sometimes, I simply like to park my car and hike into the steep and nasty stuff. I've never seen another person in there.

Man, I could actually hear your tear drops hitting the keyboard on that one as I read, RR.

You’re soft. Get over it.

Wait! What??
Yamaha makes a 450 two stroke ATV now?
And you’ve had two of them?
Tell me more!
Are these new on the market?
I want one of these.

Wait! What??
Tell me more!
I want one of these.

I was just going there.

That's how you know most of this was bullshit.

Yamaha makes a 450 4 stroke, and even pipes doesn't sound anything like a 2 stroke.

Closest thing Yamaha makes to a 450 2 stroke is a Banshee, and theirs no way to mistake that for a piped 4 stroke.

Further. Since I was on the unit on the south end Sunday, I know for a fact, there is more than a 2track gravel road.

Dude thought he'd ***** because somehow, he managed to draw the tag, but didn't think to do any homework, and parked on a basically a highway, during fall break, and believed he was in some wilderness somewhere.

Spend multiple threads bitching and lying, but in 6 months didn't drop a post on where a parking spot on the unit might be.

He got caught BS ing and doesnt like it.

"I own 2" pretty much sums it up

Are you driving a grey ram with blue Oregon license plates???? ? You drove right by a nice 3x4 on your hurry to get out before it got dark…

I know of lots of cattle pushers that are as anti hunter and anti wildlife as it gets. Just because you fondle cows for a living doesn’t mean you aren’t hippy trash.
Wait! What??
Tell me more!
I want one of these.
I’m really surprised you internet super cops caught that one……. by gosh nothing gets by you. I had to re read my post I made an error, son currently rides a two stroke so yep I made a mistake. I meant four stroke ! But you and your clan won’t care anyway so it doesn’t matter. The two we had were in blue plastic.

Well I sure know one thing this post has accomplished on here ……… it’s surely sorted out the idiots from the decent people !!!! Wow, now I guess I’m an anti hunter cattle fondler ??? And a yuppie !!! Been called plenty in my day but those are both new to me !!! Oh yes and I can’t forget , I lie too !!! Have your fun with it, I’m perfectly happy with what I really am. I’m not rich and famous or entitled or arrogant. But I damn sure am a great father that takes the kids all over this world. Call me what you please……

Well I sure know one thing this post has accomplished on here ……… it’s surely sorted out the idiots from the decent people !!!! Wow, now I guess I’m an anti hunter cattle fondler ??? And a yuppie !!! Been called plenty in my day but those are both new to me !!! Oh yes and I can’t forget , I lie too !!! Have your fun with it, I’m perfectly happy with what I really am. I’m not rich and famous or entitled or arrogant. But I damn sure am a great father that takes the kids all over this world. Call me what you please……
So… that was you I saw? I didn’t think someone such as yourself would be scared of the dark. ? it explains so much!

Ps pro tip: it helps to look to the side of the roads when driving. The deer generally don’t stand in the road. ?

I’m really surprised you internet super cops caught that one……. by gosh nothing gets by you. I had to re read my post I made an error, son currently rides a two stroke so yep I made a mistake. I meant four stroke ! But you and your clan won’t care anyway so it doesn’t matter. The two we had were in blue plastic.

Always hard to keep track of bullcrap

And your OP was plenty entitled and arrogant.

Your welcome for the CITIZENS of the state deciding NR can have an opportunity to hunt our deer.

Despite your rudeness, we won't hold your attitudes and comments against other NR who are greatful for the OPPURTUNITY.

We love to take a ride up the Oregon coast. It's beautiful, but there are things I don't like.

I can't imagine sitting in a bar or restaurant up there and unloading on the area, its people, there actions, etc.

And then after being called out, not backtracking, but double and tripling down.

Like I said above, people generally end up finding exactly what they are looking for!

We love to take a ride up the Oregon coast. It's beautiful, but there are things I don't like.

I can't imagine sitting in a bar or restaurant up there and unloading on the area, its people, there actions, etc.

And then after being called out, not backtracking, but double and tripling down.

Being offended is a choice, not a requirement.

What good does "calling someone out" do? What does it accomplish? A big nothing really, just sayin'.

I'm as guilty as everyone else though, so what do I know...

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom