Pretty dang warm out there

born_2_hunt

I feel bad for the 3rd season guys. No snow and T-shirt weather makes for some pretty crappy hunting conditions. Hope we get some snow for 4th season. Got a relative to take out and try and get an elk.

Good luck 3rd season guys!

SAME STORM JUST DROPPED ON CALIFORNIA BIG TIME !!!! WHAT HITS US HITS THE ROCKY MTS. IN 48 HOURS LATER.......TOTAL WHITE OUT.......................................YD.

We got some good rain here on the coast Friday night and Saturday morning....enough to fill the dog bowls up a couple times so it was a good one.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

She's white on tip lookin from this side of the divide! Bet there's critters hittin the ground left and right 2day!!!

I have a friend up in the NW part of the state and they got some decent snow over the weekend. should help push them elk down to him.

I have a fourth season deer tag in the Southwest part of the state.
I talked to the people there yesterday and they had had a little snow over the weekend but mostly 30 degree nights and 60 degree days and dry.

The current weather forecast has it staying that way through the fourth season.

The deer will still b in rut! It'll b a great hunt, and yer feet will stay dry, provided u stay outta the creek! :D

Just got back from hunting 3rd season in the southwest part of the state. Hot, dry and not one of the bucks that I saw was showing any rutting activity. Most bucks were still bachelor groups.

I'm 30 miles south of Laramie on the Colorado side waiting for the 4th season to start Wednesday and it's 10 degrees with a low tonight of -6 and snowing!! It had better kick these big boys in the rut.. Only problem is it's so socked in

>Just got back from hunting 3rd
>season in the southwest part
>of the state. Hot, dry
>and not one of the
>bucks that I saw was
>showing any rutting activity. Most
>bucks were still bachelor groups.
>

Yep, no rut at all 3rd season where we were. Al bucks we found were by themselves or with other bucks,.

DW We are on the wrong side of the state. No storm in the Grand Mesa
Or Uncompahgre. It was so clear last night I had to shut the curtains. Rats.

>DW We are on
>the wrong side of the
>state. No storm in the
>Grand Mesa
>Or Uncompahgre. It was so clear
>last night I had to
>shut the curtains. Rats.

Same a little further north. Nothing really worth talking about in rifle light snow on mountain tops, but wind and temp back up in the 50s today!

Hunted the 3rd in unit 71 (SW Corner of State). Only got 3 inches of snow the first couple days and it didn't make the elk move at all. We were hunting above 10,000 ft and never even saw an animal during the hunt. One of my friends got a bull on day 5. That was the only one I saw taken.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-14 AT 07:08AM (MST)[p]Oh what a difference a week can make.

Here in west central colorado I have about a foot of snow at my house and it is -16...

The past 3 days has seen the bucks around here kick into full rut.

The 4th season guys are going to have a great opportunity these next few days! From what I see this would have been the best year in a long time to have a 4th tag.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom