Primers

tex270

At a local gun show, this past weekend, found a table with loads of "WOLF" brand primers. Every size imaginable. Anyone on here had any experience with these primers? Price seemed right, about 26.00 a case, or ten pack.

I have not used any of them. I have not seen any outstanding negative reports on using them. I have read where some users compare them with CCI for primer indention meaning they have a tougher jacket materiel like the CCI and may give misfires in a firearm that has a weak or marginal firing pin spring.

At that price, give them a try. I would not be surprised if things keep going the way it is, a few more of us may be switching to them when our normal supply runs dry.

RELH

I have also heard of them being hard.

but fwiw, David Tubb just won at camp Perry a few days ago using Wolf primers in his loads.

If they were good enought for Tubbs, I would not have any reservations about buying them and using them.

RELH

I just got whole bunch from powdwer valley large rifle and small rifle magnum. I have not loaded any yet but I will let you know how they work out.

I use the Wolf small rifle magnum with the Ramshot X-Terminator powder for my AR / .223 and they work great for me.
-- Bob

I have them and use them. David Tubb supposedly bought 5 million of them. The small rifle magnums have a harder cup and are better with AR's (floating firing pin strikes). Miwall had them at the Layton gunshow last weekend. I didn't see the case price but they were $29 per 1,000. I have 50,000 so I didn't bother picking any up.

>5 million? I know the guy
>shoots a lot, but thats
>insane.

Yeah, thats 5000 bricks....(I think) sounds almost unreal...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

"Yeah, thats 5000 bricks....(I think) sounds almost unreal..."

Yeah, at $29. per 1000, that's $.029 cents apiece times 5 million = $145,000.

If true, must be an investment/gamble that prices are going up!

Joey

Has anyone here tried Magtek primers?
My hunting partner called a week or so ago and said he saw some in a store near him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom