primers???

DMCHUNTER

Ok guys with all the talk about 209 primers and problems it got me thinking. "That means trouble" How do primers stack up against each other as far as power goes? I'll guess

#11 cap
Musket cap
Pistol primer
Small Rifle primer
Large rifle primer
209-4

Did I come close?

I use a musket cap and have never had any problems! Used to use a #11 but had some miss fires with it.

There is a bit more to it than that. The line up of what you listed is about right. There are also magnum primers in the pistol and rifle primers. Small rifle and Large rifle as well as small pistol and large pistol are fairly close with the large version having a little more due to amount of primer material. The 209 primers are also spread from CCI being in the less power area and Fedral at the top being the highest power. Federal also have softer cups so they are easier to set off. Now there is the Remington Kleenbore and the new Winchester Muzzleloading primers that are still to be decided on. From what little is known at this time these latest two are about or exactly the same as the old Remington 209-4 .410 primers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom