Problems with RCBS Chargemaster

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
Been a while since I have used this thing.. I tried to use it and when I punch in a number for a charge weight I get different numbers on the LCD readout than the ones I pushed.. Example if I push 22gr. it shows on the LCD as 32..When I push 33 grains it shows as 32... 99 shows as 98, etc....

I tried disconnecting the scale from the dispenser and reconnecting it and it's still doing the same thing.. Was planning on contacting RCBS with the problem but thought I would post it here in case there's an easy fix..

Any ideas?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Snort sometimes on these digital readouts they get a misread from a power spike or with a battery issue. I'm not familiar with your scale but sometimes a paper clip touching positive to negative posts with battery removed solves the issue. It works on battery powered calculators with the lcd's and then they read just fine. I can tell you that RCBS will stand behind it's product and they may have tech line that can help you.

Thanks... Called them and they said to send it to them with a check for $45 and they will send a new one back...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom