Pronghorn advice.

groundhog999

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-09 AT 11:12AM (MST)[p]I'm new to the form but not to the site. So I finley drawn my first antelope tag in Saskatchewan after years of trying and looking for some advice!

I SEE THERE IS A LOT OF SPEEDGOAT HUNTERS HERE, SO WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE TACTIC FOR BAGGING A BIG PRONGHORN?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-09 AT 01:58PM (MST)[p]Scout,,Scout,, And scout some more.. Try to find a couple nice bucks,, Keep an eye on em best you can..And get an idea of there home turf.. Get up on some high points and glass till your eyes bleed,,That will tell you bout all you need to know..The Antelope around here come back after winter and lay claim to the same area year after year, And rarely leave that area even when they are pressured..
But when the rut starts to get going good all bets are off..
Then they will travel around to pick up loose does and to steal what they can from other bucks,, But they always seem to try and get them bred on there own area.. So they will be back and forth then.. Get him skinned and cooled soon as possible and you will have some mighty fine eat's Good luck..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom