Pronghorn Score?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Special Friends DeeDee and my old Hunting Pard ventured back to Wy to hunt lopes and really look them over for a buck tag she drew. They hunted familiar country and DeeDee was able to put this one down after a long stalk. We do have a green score.

What are your guesses? I'll post the score later this coming weekend.

3916ddswy2015.jpg

4067image2.jpg

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

none that were sent to me. she might see this and send if they have a better side shot.

Rifle is a older Sako in 25-06

Let's see some opinions, what's he score?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Truthfully I can't tell from these views. He has fantastic tops. The lower mass seems to be flat instead of round. Without a side view he could be as little as 76 or as high as 83. Either way I hope she is very happy because he is beautiful.

It's always a tough thing to do....I'll just go with my first gut instinct and say 77".

Congrats on your hunt. You did good. You had some good mentoring in Joey and his Bud!

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Scoring antelope from pictures is hard. I posted my Oregon antelope from 3 years ago. Everyone guess around 80 and he scored 72. My much shorter thicker Nevada goat scored 79. With his cutters in the middle I don't think he will break 80. I'll go with 78"

LOL, DeeDee, i guess you missed the part about me giving the score later this weekend. :) No matter, it's your lope, you can do as you please, and a Dandy antelope he is!

Guys, we best hope that Huntris7 doesn't start posting up some of her other outdoor accomplishments. She can hang with most of the better hunters i've known and her trophy collection both with a bow and a rifle is quite impressive. Her being married to my Pard hasn't hurt! :)

Joey

Oopsie! Sorry Joey. Thanks for the kuddos. It has helped having a good teacher through my years of hunting along with my drive for perfection and having standards higher than most. Makes for being humbled and sometimes disappointment , but well worth the success when it happens. Hope you can make it to the next trophy adventure. Miss ya out there. You must come up a slay the geese at our place in Oregon this year!!! After a shoot there, you won't be called "two shot Cardoza" any more!! Love ya. ?

lol, DeeDee, that was "Joey two shot" you guys monikered me with and it was only that one Chucker hunt. At least i did get them even if a few extra shells needed. lol

Glad to see you here though i always knew you guys followed along from time to time. Welcome to MM!!!

Joey

DeeDee,
You stole Joey's thunder and totally ruined the game! Haha
Congratulations on a FINE trophy pronghorn.
Well done, damn well done!
Thanks for posting it uncle Sage.
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-15 AT 12:42PM (MST)[p]Joey has hunted for so long I would take his advise about hunting without question. To me he's as good as my husband Rich , Joey's long time pard. When together they do nothing but talk about reloading ammo and hunting stories. That's why I know what I do. So as for a good shot. Joey is a good shot. Just like to give my fellow portagee a hard time.

DeeDee, we've all learned a thing or two from Joey over the years. Some about hunting and shooting and some about life in general. You and Rich are more than welcome around here.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Thanks Eel ! We love to kill and eat game and fish, if only I can learn to get Oysters. I can put away some oysters. Here is the Colorado muzzleloader buck my husband got this year. Can't seem to upload a picture in the text. Don't know what I'm doing. Help??

LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-15 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]DeeDee, Just because your husband is the only guy i know that has killed over 10 bucks with at least a 30" spread, killed branch antlered Bulls in Colorado 12 years in a row on over the counter public land hunts with his bow, and has at least 20 Pope and Young blacktails from the "A" zone in Cali. not to mention those taken with a muzzy or rifle, he's not THAT good. lol :)

I warned you guys. Get this one fired up and there's going to be hell to pay...lol

DD, Was this the one?
1270richcolomuzzy.jpg

DeeDee, Remember this place? Last time you and Rich were there, You and Him got limits of Honkers sitting in a nice lawn chair with shotguns in lap and rods in hand. Caught some trout too! :)
I struck out yesterday...come visit!

72371015151259.jpg

This girl can catch a fish with the best of them too!
91deedeesyellowtailtailhunter.jpg

Joey

See if this helps deedee.

Click on "click here to upload photos"
Click on "choose file"
Click on "documents"
Click on "gallery"
Click on the pic u want from your gallery
Click on "upload photo"
Give it a sec and it'll show up as it will be posted.
Copy the "mm pic photo user info 5368865"
That's just an example ^ it's in bold above your pic.
Click on "close this window"
Then paste that in your message. You won't see the pic only the verbage in bold you've copied and pasted.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom