PRONGHORNS!!!

S

scottyboy

With pronghorn season getting ready to kick off into full gear, I thought we'd start a goat thread and get all the local tag holders fired up!! Unfortunately, I am without a goat tag this year, but have several friends who are holding a couple of tags and I'll be on their hunts with them for moral support, to help glass, and to drink their beer!! But, I had a good run on goats.. 2 book goats in 2 years.. So, i think I'll be alright to sit out a year..

With that said, lets get a good goat pic thread going to get this season started off right! If you've posted the pic before, SO WHAT!!! Lets see them again!! (Thats means you KCR and BigPig, you goat killing fools!!)

I'll go first with my 2 goats.. Some of you may remember these, some may not..

Here is my goat from '04.
lope04.jpg

lopecloseup.jpg

And here is my '05 speedster...
better27.jpg

Man, after posting that, its making me wish I had another tag this season!!

YEAH BOY!!!
GET ME GOING WHAT STATE ARE THEY FROM?I HAVE IN MY HOT LITTLE HAND AN ARIZONA UNIT 13B RIFLE TAG.NOT A UNIT OVERRUN WITH BOOK BUCKS BUT THEY ARE THERE.
AVERAGE JOE

Here's a couple.
Jr's first biggame animal '05
acrop.jpg

'00 lope hunt
junk.jpg

some mounts from last year
a1.jpg

DSCF0465cr.jpg

here is my 2002 archery goat final on him was 87 7/8 i dont it will be hard for me to top this one but damit i will keep trying.e.g.,
image.gife.g
image.gif

sorry guy i forgot to put think in there, also if you cant see the pictures if someone is willing to help me post them i would appricate it.

here's my in NM, have few antelope pic, only i have is on comp..

unit 52 (muzz)
vini521.jpg

Wooton Ranch (unit 32)

vince5.jpg

vinihunt

front veiwhttp://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/44e5c8ab3ed4523f.jpg
side veiwhttp://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/44e5c8f83f6c9b9a.jpg

ColoradoOak......... those are nice stinkys!!!
I love those large cutters!
thanks everyone for sharing I'll post after Labor Day my 06' Antelope photos!
Here(in CA) their more mass than long but can have large cutter!
state record is 84"? I think.
RACK

Memories from 2004. Hunted with my best friend and had a great time. I'm ready to go back for more.

Tim

Here are a few pictures from my recent goat hunt in Wyoming. This is the best antelope I have taken so far. The antelope in this area seemed to move around a lot because we would see lots of them in an area and the next day there wouldn't be any. A lot of the area was pretty flat which made stalking difficut. We finally saw 6 goats in an area that had more broken terrain and we were able to put a long stalk on them. We spotted them from over a mile away. We could see there were a couple of bucks with 4 does but couldn't tell much about them at that distance. My buddy and I crawled up over a ridge and had a clear view of the area they were bedded in. My rangefinder said 372 yards and I told my buddy I had to get closer so we had to back down and circle around. When we could get another look, they were still around 350 yards away. There was some good sage brush on the ground so I started crawling forward but this almost messed up my chances because I got down into a depression and couldn't see them when I raised up. My buddy stayed back and watched me crawl. I tried to get into position 3 times before I finally got into a position I could shoot from. I was pushing my fanny pack ahead of me with my left arm and using my legs and right arm to push myself forward and drag my rifle. Finally, I got into position lying flat on my stomach and resting my 270 across my fanny pack. At this point, I was looking right into the afternoon sun and was having trouble seeing which antelope was the buck. Finally, the buck took a few steps to the right and I shot. The distance turned out to be 192 yards. This is my best antelope to date and measures a hair over 14". The bases have some nice mass also. The green ridgeline behind my head is where I shot from. Can't wait till next year.
Searcher

timmerinar102504-1.jpg

timmerinar102504-2.jpg

timmerinar102504-3.jpg

RACK, I believe you are wrong my friend. The latest book I have shows one picked up in Kali in 1985 in Lassen Co. that scores 89. And one killed in Modoc Co. in 1971 that scores 87 4/8.

I think you better hold out for 90+ this year! Especially with all the "secret" info you have!

Any mature buck from Kali is a trophy IMO.

Good luck!

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-06 AT 08:45PM (MST)[p]Steve I was not sure what it was...in 85'..huh.. was the name ATWOOD?
That guy and his wife out bid me on 4 hunts and 2 custom rifles total at MDF dinners over the years and its getting to be a grudge! but they have the finder fee dough and when the word is out they have ton of cash like the Smiths!
hard to compete!
rm

Awesome pics guys!! Lets keep 'em coming!!

HH, that dude has some prongs that were WAY on up there!!

The gun in the pic was a friend of mine's gun. He was on the hunt with me and had this little firecracker with us in the truck. I decided to try her out at the last minute. It is a custom built .223 WSSM. Smoked that goat out there at almost 300 yards. Worked like a champ....

this is my good friends Andy's first antelope. his buck scores around 68
44f22bd90a788592.jpg

44f22bfc0ac82abb.jpg

this is my first antelope. it scores around 72.
44f22c3f0b4e07df.jpg

44f22c580b83228c.jpg

this is a pic of a kid we met out on the ranch named Jeff. we never got to score his buck but who cares it is a great buck anyway!!!
44f22ca80c00e113.jpg

that is my dad (buckmstr) in all of the photos with us. he is the best huntin partner i will ever have.

i have an archery antelope tag this year and hopefully i will have more pics to post. we have been out once already and got to within 67 yards of a good buck. i have only practiced out to 50 yards so i wasnt gonna try at this buck. we are going out next weekend and hopefully the rut has somewhat kicked in. thanks for lookin!!!

BadAzzArcher

Here's my Wyoming 2001 Antelope
44f2dcca1d382592.jpg

Here's my Wyoming 2003-Hopefully with my 2006 tag I can do better!
44f2dd5320ce3d36.jpg

2005 Wyoming (1st Archery Antelope)

Wy.jpg

2004 Wyoming Rifle (obivously :))

WyAntelope04.jpg

2000 Eastern Montana (1st Antelope)

MT.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom