proof of sex

BigPig

Very Active Member
I'm a non resident. If I have to quarter and pack out an animal, do I need to leave proof of sex attached?

yes. See page 44 of the Proclamation.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2010_biggame/2010_biggame.pdf

Transporting big game within Utah
Utah Admin. Rule R657-5-19

You must obey the following rules to transport
big game in Utah:

? The head or sex organs of the animal you've
taken must remain attached to the largest
portion of its carcass.

? If you take an elk on a spike bull unit, the
antlers must remain attached to the animal?s
skull plate, and you must transport the
skull plate and antlers with the carcass.

? You must accompany the carcass of any big
game animal you've harvested, and you
must have a valid permit that corresponds
to the tag that's attached to the carcass.
There is one exception to this rule: you may
transport a big game animal you did not take if
you obtain a shipping permit or a disposal receipt
from the Division, or you have a donation slip. You
may not donate big game in the field.

For the archery hunt it shouldn't matter because you can shoot a bull or a cow. Better safe than sorry though.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Actually it does matter on the archery hunt. The F&G need to be able to tell if it is a spike, cow or a Mature bull (depending on the unit your hunting). You also have to pack out the head of a spike. They can site you for a violation if you don't leave proof of sex.

I have also heard there some units where you cant shoot a cow with archery equipment.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

There are no big bucks in Utah! LOL

If you have sex you best keep it to yourself. YOu don't need to prove it to anyone. Never kiss and tell

Rutnbuck

I bone everything harvested out--big game--I always leave the nut sack attached to the hind quarter meat and pack it last into my cooler so it is readily available if I get checked.

If it is a cow I do the same with the 4 nipple udder....

Viva Monroe!

Robb

I guess if you carry a used condom in a baggie in your pocket that should be good enough proof that you had sex,But it still leaves alot of questions unanswered. Tell us more Rut.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom