Proposed Available Tag Numbers

Looks like they are increasing a bunch of the tag numbers. I guess I expected a little increase or the same numbers. Apparently they think there was no winter kill.

Rich

Looks like the same ##### they pulled in 07/08. Had a bad winter kill and refused to lower tag number! When you look at Deer in NW, all we have heard about is the hard winter, 30% higher than normal winter kills yet they increase total deer tags for the NW by over 2500 tags!

I a, all for increased tag numbers but when the regional director says they lost an entire generation of deer this winter, how the hell can you increase tag allocation?

Thanks for posting the link. My 4th choice, which is the only tag I have a shot at drawing, went from 400 to 500 cow tags in '16. So after last winter in north central CO, there are 25% more elk? Balderdash. I'm returning that tag and looking south.

My unit lost 20% (5 permits) . Going to make it a Little more difficult to draw . 4 non res permits instead of 5.

Postseason buck:doe ratios in the NW region averaged 42% this year, which is way, way over objectives. Hence more buck tags being issued. The statewide buck:doe ratio average is 37%,which is even higher than it was back in 2007 before the really bad winter.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom