Proposed Bill! Ridiculous!

If we bought a gun in California and submitted to a background check, it's already registered to us. I guess they'll just send us a yearly bill as a "registration fee."?

It sounds like a money grab, like charging 10 cents if you want a grocery sack at the store.

There will never be enough money to run a liberal state.

Correct eel.....they'll simply treat it the same as the unsecured property taxes we pay annually. California raised the unsecured property tax rate on any vessell and non-street legal machine by 22% in 2022. NO vote.....they just did it. It was statewide and wasn't by zip code. I asked why my boat tax went up so much and the guy told me it was due to a lack of vessels because of covid. I fought it and they reduced it to what it was originally but it is complete BS. That's our government and it will never change.

“Senator Portantino has long been a champion of common-sense gun reform policies.“
What a moron. Guess I need to purchase a house in another state.
The genius repeatedly used the word "statue" instead of "statute'.....we are ruled by the dumbest...

Everyone of these clowns put their hand on the bible and swore to uphold the constitution....

The genius repeatedly used the word "statue" instead of "statute'.....we are ruled by the dumbest...

Everyone of these clowns put their hand on the bible and swore to uphold the constitution....
Yep. That's like saying there's going to be a yearly registration fee to vote.

Man what a wild times. I remember being 12 years old walking back into town with a flat tire on my bike and .22 slung over my shoulder. Police dude stops and give me a ride into town. I feel like today I woulda been shot and parents jailed for child neglect…

Grateful for my grandpas guns from the 40’s and 50’s.

But seriously there’s no way this will pass. Total 2nd Amendment violation. Tax to breath air next?

"The measure will prohibit the possession of an unregistered firearm, a violation that would be punishable as an infraction."

This is kinda like not reporting an unfilled deer tag. Costs me $20 every year:)

Man what a wild times. I remember being 12 years old walking back into town with a flat tire on my bike and .22 slung over my shoulder. Police dude stops and give me a ride into town. I feel like today I woulda been shot and parents jailed for child neglect…

Grateful for my grandpas guns from the 40’s and 50’s.

But seriously there’s no way this will pass. Total 2nd Amendment violation. Tax to breath air next?
Oh, it'll pass. This is California

If we bought a gun in California and submitted to a background check, it's already registered to us. I guess they'll just send us a yearly bill as a "registration fee."?

It sounds like a money grab, like charging 10 cents if you want a grocery sack at the store.

There will never be enough money to run a liberal state.
Not true….long guns have only been registered to you for about 10 years……before that, the background check was ONLY that….on the dros it only said “ long gun”…

Next your gonna pay a tax every year for free speech

Edit: which sounds ridiculous but to me is what the “tax” or yearly registration fee sounds like, pay to access your rights

And I agree eel, mass none compliance. lol kinda easy if you have owned unregistered firearms for a long time. How are they gonna know? Honor system? New sales in the past 10 years. I’m sure the actual number of firearms in Cali would make those idiots sh!t their pants.

Last edited:
They going to tax friends when they come from another state to hunt in Calif?
What’s next, tax my air rifles and archery equipment?
Wish these dumb people would not leave the city limits where they live and stop breeding!!

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it says in the bill they will share the information with law enforcement so theoretically a deputy sheriff or highway patrol, or other could visit a shooting range and check registrations, or a game warden could visit a hunter's camp and do the same. "I need to check your hunting license and gun registration, please."

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it says in the bill they will share the information with law enforcement so theoretically a deputy sheriff or highway patrol, or other could visit a shooting range and check registrations, or a game warden could visit a hunter's camp and do the same. "I need to check your hunting license and gun registration, please."
Yup.....and instead of a "fix it' ticket, said gun would be confiscated until registration is complete. Strange how they would then "lose" said gun and it be the owner out of luck.

No cop or sherif worth their salt would do this

No but just like the guys that write a lot of tickets a lot of them will. Hey look I got some unregistered guns today, look look at me.
Iv contested every ticket Iv ever got and all but one has been thrown out. Don’t speed in a school zone, even 5mph

Some guys have a lot of guns.....I wonder how long the lines will be??
There will be some no doubt.

The DOJ would set the annual registration fee for each gun based on the program’s cost. Bill language prohibits the fee to exceed the cost of the program. The bill does not estimate the cost.

Owning an unregistered gun would be considered an infraction under the law punishable by a $1,000 fine.

There will be some no doubt.

The DOJ would set the annual registration fee for each gun based on the program’s cost. Bill language prohibits the fee to exceed the cost of the program. The bill does not estimate the cost.

Owning an unregistered gun would be considered an infraction under the law punishable by a $1,000 fine.
Come find them

Thanks Homer....I was having a good morning until I got on this post. More and more regulation.....they want my insurance company to know how many guns I have? So bad.....**** em!

So, what will be the penalty to insurance companies that don't comply? Obviously, the "lawmakers" know the citizens of Kalifornia won't give this information to them, so they put the burden on the insurance companies. I predict even more insurance companies will leave this state. This sh#t is getting old!

Those who live aboard military bases in family housing can keep their guns in their house, provided they indicate calibers, model numbers and serial numbers to the base police, MP, SP, whatever. That information was recalled every time you applied for a temp car permit (such as using a rental car) or travelled to another base or if you were ever stopped for an infraction (at least on USN bases). That record stays with 'you' even when you retire and move into a GS or SES position.

That type of registration has been there for many years.

Those who live aboard military bases in family housing can keep their guns in their house, provided they indicate calibers, model numbers and serial numbers to the base police, MP, SP, whatever. That information was recalled every time you applied for a temp car permit (such as using a rental car) or travelled to another base or if you were ever stopped for an infraction (at least on USN bases). That record stays with 'you' even when you retire and move into a GS or SES position.

Not the same thing. This is a yearly registration and one that may come with a yearly fee, like a car registration. Also, military base is not a public space.

is that supposed to make us feel lucky??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom