Proposed Fee Increases

I guess I just remember the cost of the 90's and how much it has risen since then.
But then houses was in the 80,000 and 90,000 Now 400,000 range and higher.
So in 20 yrs how much will the average wages have to be to afford a 600,000 house?
My first pickup costed$5300 in 1976 and it was top of the line.
Now my last truck costs 64,000
So take your $3.50 coffee $5Muffin stuff it that pie hole.
my phone is 6 years old beat to hell and they don't make the screen for it anymore.
I stay house to eat breakfast not a high roll like you Hoss

How about they raise fees when they have proven they have increased the overall quality of the services and management they provide. Until then, they can suck a deek.

Yup.

My 3 trucks combined ain't worth $64000. So let's talk high roller.

Do you suppose there is a magical fairy dust that the DWR uses to buy trucks at 1990's prices?

Think there is a time warp where they can hire biologists for $10hr?

Think the DWR gets boats, gas, trailers, materials, etc for 1990's prices?

This isn't excessive.

Considering that egg you eat at your house was up over 20% since first of the year.

These increases will not break anyone that currently hunts. But since I haven't seen it, yet I think the nonresident price should be increased by 30%. Raise residents up to 20%.

Yup.

My 3 trucks combined ain't worth $64000. So let's talk high roller.

Do you suppose there is a magical fairy dust that the DWR uses to buy trucks at 1990's prices?

Think there is a time warp where they can hire biologists for $10hr?

Think the DWR gets boats, gas, trailers, materials, etc for 1990's prices?

This isn't excessive.

Considering that egg you eat at your house was up over 20% since first of the year.
No, but they do receive a pretty healthy check every February for the allowance of legal theft from the public. Not to mention app fees for regular draws and other state funds and grants given to them every year. They aren’t struggling when they are buying new trucks, boats, k-9s and other equipment every year. They receive plenty of money every year. Yet their management practices get worse and animal numbers continue to decline with every passing year. It’s not surprising, just disappointing with the way the public is treated, the prices we pay and the services we receive. But hey, at least the dammn june sucker got a nice new sanctuary out of the deal. Oh and the prairie dog relocation was very beneficial to all utah hunters and wildlife enthusiasts *sarcasm* for those who don’t understand that.

Here are a few ideas to curb the increase on the gravey train.

Lets have our own state (DWR) do the draws. Yes, times need to change and some laws here in UTAH.

Lets stop giving away 600+ tags to con-orgs and instead of doing that, have 2 or 3 or even 4-5 raffles a year (like the sportsman tags) and use that money for the DWR. So now we would have the Sportmans draw 3 or 4 times a year. Maybe do an in-person auction 1-2 times a year for 1 tag per LE/OIL unit. There may be close to 100 tags, auctioned/raffled per year, but 100% goes to the DWR.

Also, fees need to be double or more, for poachers or other infractions. I get they go to the courts too, but lets stop slapping the hands of the illegal activities. I get we all make mistakes. But each time, it goes x2 higher. So after the 1st (accident) time, you may pay closer attention to details.

Now let the PRO con org guys chime in.

Landon

Would be great to see ALL government agencies get rid of the “use it or lose it” budgeting attitude and their tax more to spend more mentally. Wonder how many would be in business if they ran and operated like private businesses??

I have 4 trucks 03 and 4x4 05 dodge Diesel 2500 and a 02 Toyota 4x4 and 2016 4x4 Chev diesel and they are all work trucks so I guess I'm a high roller who does construction work for a living. LOL
I also have 4 trailers 32ft Gooseneck,20ft steel flatbed 18ft wood bed trailer and 6x5 trash trailer. All about 10 years old.
Do you need know anything else that i have.
LOL

I have 4 trucks 03 and 4x4 05 dodge Diesel 2500 and a 02 Toyota 4x4 and 2016 4x4 Chev diesel and they are all work trucks so I guess I'm a high roller who does construction work for a living. LOL
I also have 4 trailers 32ft Gooseneck,20ft steel flatbed 18ft wood bed trailer and 6x5 trash trailer. All about 10 years old.
Do you need know anything else that i have.
LOL

Your the one whining about an increase.

I do construction too. Your wages have gone up since the last increase. As have your costs

More than 10% for both.

Same guys who ***** about DWR not doing good surveys, not doing good counts, not doing good work, ***** about paying for it too.

Their costs didn't go down. So either we can pay some, or we can auction off some more tags.

No, but they do receive a pretty healthy check every February for the allowance of legal theft from the public. Not to mention app fees for regular draws and other state funds and grants given to them every year. They aren’t struggling when they are buying new trucks, boats, k-9s and other equipment every year. They receive plenty of money every year. Yet their management practices get worse and animal numbers continue to decline with every passing year. It’s not surprising, just disappointing with the way the public is treated, the prices we pay and the services we receive. But hey, at least the dammn june sucker got a nice new sanctuary out of the deal. Oh and the prairie dog relocation was very beneficial to all utah hunters and wildlife enthusiasts *sarcasm* for those who don’t understand that.

$3.50(deer tag increase)x 90,000 hunters(I like round numbers)= $315,000.

Not exactly a new fleet of trucks when they are $50k

Whine LOL just pointing out in 20 years alot of families will not have the money to buy a house and or rent a place without both parents working. How many working families can buy $600,000 homes right now. How can a young couple make it in a small towns being able to afford buy a home on small town wages without a parents help.
I know you wouldn't have to worry about it. But I do worry how many kids and grandkids are going to make.

Whine LOL just pointing out in 20 years alot of families will not have the money to buy a house and or rent a place without both parents working. How many working families can buy $600,000 homes right now. How can a young couple make it in a small towns being able to afford buy a home on small town wages without a parents help.
I know you wouldn't have to worry about it. But I do worry how many kids and grandkids are going to make.

You know DWR guys have kids and grandkids and houses too.

2014. 8 years ago. The last R rate increase.

They ain't exactly keeping anyone out of a house at that rate

Having an understaffed DWR wouldn’t hurt my feelings. I thought all that Expo money was doing “great” things.

Here are a few ideas to curb the increase on the gravey train.

Lets have our own state (DWR) do the draws. Yes, times need to change and some laws here in UTAH.

Lets stop giving away 600+ tags to con-orgs and instead of doing that, have 2 or 3 or even 4-5 raffles a year (like the sportsman tags) and use that money for the DWR. So now we would have the Sportmans draw 3 or 4 times a year. Maybe do an in-person auction 1-2 times a year for 1 tag per LE/OIL unit. There may be close to 100 tags, auctioned/raffled per year, but 100% goes to the DWR.

Also, fees need to be double or more, for poachers or other infractions. I get they go to the courts too, but lets stop slapping the hands of the illegal activities. I get we all make mistakes. But each time, it goes x2 higher. So after the 1st (accident) time, you may pay closer attention to details.

Now let the PRO con org guys chime in.

Landon
It's not even worth commenting on.....?

It's not even worth commenting on.....?
Care to expand?

If these groups were saving our deer herds and we had the best deer herd in the west, with all the money raised, then I could see it is worth it. But can you HONESTLY say that with all the tags, both landowner and auction and expo tags ( more than any western state) that our deer herd is doing better and going into the right direction? I get what you do with MDF. And one of these days I will come help projects. They dont hurt, that is for sure. I just have not been sold on all the tags and money and see results over the last 15+ years. I wish I was wrong.

You can message me here or on facebook, or call or text. I will PM you.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom