Proposed Quotas

Thanks for posting this. Its always fun to see what the biologists are thinking for the areas me and my family put in for. I doubt they will change too much. The few commision meetings i have been to they havent changed anything significantly. A few here and there.

I don't hunt the rubies so it's not really going to affect me but I can't believe how much they are proposing to increase the deer tag quota in that area.

That's a lot of hunters in the Rubies, I have not been in there for years are there that many deer there now?

Looks like the rifle season will have a lot of hunters out in the field. Not so many for Muzzy hunting though.

You guys that live around there are you seeing an increase of deer to support the quotas?

Well, I live at the base of the Rubies. Been hunting it for years. Numbers have been pretty poor IMO. Hence the significant reduction over the last 2 years in tags. It's not even one of my hunt choices this year. I will admit that I believe the numbers are coming back up as I have seen more deer in places I used to over the winter and quite a few this spring. I think they were right in reductions the previous 2 years, but hate to see the huge increase again as I'd love to see herds getting better in area 10, but I'm not the biologist and don't see what they see. The numbers definitely seem better this year though. Hope this helps.

FYI. These numbers are still quite lower than what they gave out 3 and 4 years ago when I believe they over harvested. I think that's why numbers got soo low or at least contributed. Keep in mind that area 10 is a huge unit and includes more than just the Ruby Mountain Range. I just hope the biologists know what they are doing. Good luck to all in the draws. Should be a good year!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom