Propsed NM Regulation Changes

huntswnm

Anyone seen the proposed regulation changes on NM G&F website?? One of them is dealing with mandatory post-season wildlife survey. It basically says if you drew a elk or deer tag, or held a furbearers or trappers tag and do not do a post-season survey for each, then your application for the next years season will be denied!! What do you all think about this? Hopefully it is not already passed. It shows a beginning date of August 1, 2006.

Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Depends on how they run it. Alaska has the same thing. I forgot to fill out my moose survey, and they sent me several reminders with new surveys in them until I got off my lazy butt and did it. No biggie.

I don't have a problem with it, we do the same thing here for the bear season

I dont see the problem. Many hunters whine that harvest info. or big game pops. aren't accurate, well this mandatory survey will help them determine success, etc.... Many states have a mandatory harvest

I saw that too. Actually, it is a great idea! The info will help Game & Fish and the kicker....your odds are gonna get alot better because I'm willing to bet that a very large number of hunters will overlook the requirement. Especially the first two years it is in effect. I always fill out the surveys and try to encourage my hunting buddies to do the same. Looks like I'm gonna do a little more than "encouraging" this year.

Couldn't agree with everyone more!! I to think it is a good idea. Thanks for the comments.
Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I agree its a good idea IF F&G uses the data.

I scre*ed myself in Nv this year because of a mandatory harvest survey. My season ended 10/21 and you are required to return or internet it within 21 days. I was deep into my Co plans after Nv, got back from Co on 11/8 completed the survey about 11/20, not meeting the deadline even though there was still an open season in that unit. I knew I could pay $50.00 and still apply for big game so I ignored their e-mail and letter. On about Mar 30 I tried to apply on line and every species said I was ineligible and I couldn't find where to pay. I called the next buz day and was told I had to pay by 3/17, 30 days before the dealine to apply. Almost 20 pts combined and not able to apply. bet that never happens again.

Idaho and Nevada have it and it is a good wake up call for those who have a " I don't need to answer" attitude.
There were 6 of us back in 2001 that hunted Idaho and " I " was the only one who filled out the survey and mailed it back in.
This past year we hunted NV and I reminded the others that fill ouot that survey and mail it back in right after we got home.
This time they listed to me.
I think all states should do it. That's my .025 cents worth on the subject.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom