provo lonepeak rocky mtn goat

J

joethebowhunter

LAST EDITED ON May-31-12 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]so my dad drew the wasatch mtn lonepeak goat tag after 17 years puting in, we are familiar with the area, but any helpful tips would be very much appreciated. once in a lifetime tag i would realy love to get him a goat. thanks for any helpful advice.

yea i tryed to edit the subject, its for the wasatch mountain lone peak, im pretty sure it does include squaw peack. and was also wondering about good access to the unit to get in there for backpacking a camp in there.

Those are 2 different areas with a unit inbetween. But it is still great hunt. I watch them on Cascade all summer long from my house in Orem with my spotting scope. Alot of fun. Good luck.

a friend of mine had the lone peak tag two years ago. I helped him scout all summer. your in for a fun hunt!

the only advice I can give you is scout and video what you find. this will allow you to see the difference in the goats you hunted. if a goat is by itself and you haven't done your homework you will never know what a good one looks like. You need to see a bunch and the video will go along way to helping you tell the difference the the top goats.

There is defiantly something different about the top billy's on the unit. Its the size of there bodies and the thick coats there packing. Everyone wants big horns but big horns always come with age. The hide is the most important thing imho when it comes to a goat. You will never be able to tell the difference in half the goats horns but you will be able to tell the difference in the body size of a big OLD billy.

sweet that really is the truth on judging them to, that is definatly what im gonna do I plan on filming the whole thing to. I tent to film alot of hunts. but thanks alot for the heads up I will post some video footage on here as it comes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom