PSE "BABY G"

B

BOWKRZY

I WAS THINKING OF PURCHASING A PSE BABY G FROM CABELA'S AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE (WHO HAS ACTUALLY SHOT THIS BOW) COULD TELL ME MORE ABOUT IT . ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.

BOWKRZY, I used to shoot one of these a few years back. The bow is very reflexed and has a super short brace height. It is fast, but also very loud and unforgiving. I believe PSE is making them exclusively for Cabelas, since the Baby-G hasn't been in the PSE lineup for a few years. This makes me wonder about repair and warranty issues. I would check into that before you get too serious about it. In my opinion there are better bows for the money.

Cabelas gets these because they are pieced together from parts out of the PSE wherehouse. I don't beleive they are still manufactured at all. I would not consider buying a bow through Cabelas. Aside from that, they don't set them up. Stretch the string, time them, etc. The money you will save buying it though cabelas, you will spend at the pro shop setting it up. There are alot of bow packages offered by local pro shops that offer good savings on good products, and you can buy with confidence.

I'm not trying to bash PSE, but I have known several guys who were quite unhappy w/ their Baby G's.

I don't know what kind of shooting your planning on doing, but forgiveness is way more important than speed when your out in the rough country. We all bang our bows around sometimes when we're suicide sidehilling or dropping our bows to grab the binoculars, a bow with a narrow brace height will go terribly awry before a bow with a wider, more forgiving brace height.

Just my $.02

I was getting a new string put on my bow, and heard the archery shop guy telling a customer that he gets more PSE bows in for repairs than any other type of bow.

I've shot and hunted with the baby g. PSE PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN GOOD TO ME IN THE PAST BUT DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE BABY G.

PROBLEMS:
HOLDING THE BOW CORRECTLY IS THE HARDEST THING TO DO. It is a very sensitive bow.

Short brace height: which means that the string will wip your wrist. Slight improper holding of the bow (torque) will result in missed or bad shots.

Aggressive cam and short brace height: fast, loud, and large amount of "bow shock".

SOLUTIONS:
Practice...Practice....Practice with the bow as often as possible (more so than with any other bow in my case). You need to know exactly how to hold the bow. Quiet the bow by any means necessary.

.... Translates into an unforgiving bow...

Finally, I became very accurate with the bow at the range BUT while hunting my nerves affected everything from shooting stance to holding position of the bow and bow noise don't make for successful hunting.

If you get one I hope you don't get buck fever.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom