Pucker Factor

Long Time Member
7120pucker.jpg

I don't mind a scary road with switchbacks. But I do worry about the drunk driving the opposite way. Nothing worse than working your way down a crappy road only to meet another truck head then decide who gets to back up. Found this web page about a road that will give just about anyone sweaty palms.

http://flashoffroad.com/Articles/blackbear/blackbear.htm

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I don't know how they did it.....but I gotta call photoshop. Who'd be dumb enough to drive on that? I think I can barely make out the driver wearing a floppy hat.

Steve
Don't leave your keys in your car or it WILL get stolen. :(

it would look better with a huge buck strapped to the top.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

You don't have to be crazy to drive this road, but it helps. My guess is that there is either something to shoot, trout, or gold at the end of that road. Love it!

My Dad and I were westbound for home from Colorado with a couple of bucks. We were fueling up in Nevada when this lil' toy pickup with Cali plates pulled in to the pump next to ours. The whole drivers side was pretty much totaled. The front, drivers, and rear windows were missing and were covered with clear plastic and the driver had a hole cut out of the front that was lined with duct tape to keep it from tearing out in the wind. I asked him what happened.

Apparently he was on one of those narrow Colorado passes. He was going down hill on the outside and met a fuel truck comming up on the inside. He decided he was far enough over and was going to make that truck move over for him. The driver motioned for him to come forward and out, he was spotting for him. His passenger was screaming that he was over far enough and to just sit tight. Well, the truck driver just put it in low and started to come up.

This guy realized that the truck was hugging the inside as close as it could but it wasn't enough. He was blowing his horn, shouting at the truck, and trying to communicate with hand signals but to no avail. The front bumper of the fuel truck hit the drivers side front and proceeded to remove the entire left side of his pickup. The p/u driver couldn't get his window down to get a look at the plate. His passenger opened his door to jump out and discovered that he was looking out into space. The fuel truck never stopped. The two guys crawled out through the front windshield. That was one long, cold ride home.

I was on a road very similar to that on the Deloras Triangle unit. When a tire hits a rock and theres a little bump, I can promise you your heart stops, and your butt puckers to the point that its impossible to ##### your pants.

Yelum

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-11 AT 04:04PM (MST)[p]If there was one time I would ignore the GPS saying "Turn Left Now", this would be that time.
WVBOWAK

you guys think the guy driving that road is nuts.....i think the guy that made the road is nuts.. to me there could be a difference on #####-footing across that road versus clamoring around on it with a piece of machinery tugging on rocks and pushing stuff out of the way trying to build it. just my opinion

Why are you all calling this a road????
B bop is gonna high wall tune up this one

Yes!
It might be fair to say I block roads too:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom