Pulling cord on 10 NR points for unit 7 elk

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
Seems like this is my best use of these points I have a buddy who is a long time local and has hunted it or been on hunts many times so all that indfo will be golden. With that said I really want to draw this year and know the special draw will up my odds but dam five hundred bucks more is a lot I have lots of money wrapped up in the points and the tag...I will go for special if I really have to but not spending and extra 500 would be just fine too

Any opinions??? Thanks!!!

Looked at Draw odds and with 10 points the special would be best bet for getting the tag!! And if your buddy knows the area that is a plus!! Good luck on the draw and hunt.

Seems like this is my best use of these points I have a buddy who is a long time local and has hunted it or been on hunts many times so all that indfo will be golden. With that said I really want to draw this year and know the special draw will up my odds but dam five hundred bucks more is a lot I have lots of money wrapped up in the points and the tag...I will go for special if I really have to but not spending and extra 500 would be just fine too

I DREW 7 LAST YEAR AS A NON RES. WITH 10 POINTS REGULAR $$$ IF THAT HELPS (ELK). ……..GOOD LUCK...………..YD.

10 points in the Regular this year might not be enough depending on point creep.
If you want to draw this year for sure I’d apply in the special for your best chance at a unit 7 tag. It’s an awesome tag especially during archery.

Good luck. Had fun there in '10. Definitely a place I'd go back to if I could. But my less wise past self took a break from collecting WY preference points for a few years after my hunt, so probably never again.

Thanks guys....whats 500 buck when yer going hunting!!! Chaaaa -Ching!!! I love Wyoming's liberal season and will be starting with my bow.. I live in Colorado so its not too far of a jog up there for multiple scouts and trips

I would do everything you can to not rifle hunt it. Rifle season is a nightmare in that area unless you have private property to hunt

We did not draw last year with 10! Hoping 11 is our lucky number! Really nothing else to apply for with 10-11 points unless you’re banking on the random. I sure hope it’s a good hunt!

I am moving to casper this spring. If you want someone to help pack out etc let ne know (assuming you draw). Or you want to meet up on a scouting trip this summer. Nothing but good things for archery in 7.

Soccer dude for sure love to have some boots on the ground......... and still can pack but my 60 year old back ain't what it was when I was 30!!! really looking forward to it and hope I draw...!!!

I am moving to casper this spring. If you want someone to help pack out etc let ne know (assuming you draw). Or you want to meet up on a scouting trip this summer. Nothing but good things for archery in 7.

Whats this crap about casper? Check your pm

I drew this past year with 5 non res points and regular draw. Lucky!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom