Put your mask on? (video)

Cerolad,
"I think wearing a mask is a must". That is your opinion and you have a right to feel that way, , , , , , and a right to express that opinion. Good for you! Fortunately, in a free country, we are still allowed to wear a mask, or not, as each of us sees fit, , , , or at least we used to be. The problems start when one person (or group) decides that they have a right to force their media driven, fear based, opinion, on others, without any laws to back them up. If the law is on your side, and you see a violation, call a cop. If you feel the need to force your opinion on others, you may not like the response you get.
The customer in this video lost all credibility when she started using name calling & profanity as a response.
I fear this is going to get much worse.
Have a great day.
Elkchaser

I was recently in a meeting in a goobermint building where masks are mandatory. The preferred way to wear the mask seems to be over the mouth but not the nose. Its also very popular to pull your mask down when introducing yourself.

Everyone around me seems to wear theirs and encourages me to wear mine.:cautious:

The woman responded by refusing to cover her face and that’s where the security camera footage sent to the Outpost picks up.

I’m working in CA right now & you can’t do much as step outside without a mask.
So China has been wearing masks for years & years. I can’t stand wearing the freakin’ things!!! I wear glasses & I haven’t found a mask yet that doesn’t fog my glasses with every breath I take. Does not one Chinese person wear glasses? You would think one of them would have figured out to make a mask for people that wear glasses. I’m over this crap!!!

Hello 3TOE,
I agree with you. Normally, I try to just stay out of these social debates. Not because I don't have an opinion, but because it seems like we can't have an informed, respectful discussion anymore.

I live in Phoenix & the numbers here have taken a turn in the wrong direction. State & City leaders are now talking about making masks mandatory. And yet, when I pull up the AZ Dept. of Health Services (AZDHS) web site, where they report the numbers every day, I see different numbers than what the news is constantly blasting us with.

I am an Aerospace Mfg Engineer & I am all too familiar with the power of numbers & statistics. With a strong PowerPoint presentation loaded with charts & graphs, and a couple carefully selected photos, I could convince half the knuckleheads on this web site that the earth is flat!

The longer this hysteria continues, and we are required to wear masks to go outside, the longer people will be afraid to get on an airplane, and the longer I am out of a job. I have been out of work for 7 weeks now & I was hoping to retire in 2 years. If this doesn't turn around pretty soon, my personal situation is going to get real ugly.

Yep, this one is hitting pretty close to home.

Hello 3TOE,
I agree with you. Normally, I try to just stay out of these social debates. Not because I don't have an opinion, but because it seems like we can't have an informed, respectful discussion anymore.

I live in Phoenix & the numbers here have taken a turn in the wrong direction. State & City leaders are now talking about making masks mandatory. And yet, when I pull up the AZ Dept. of Health Services (AZDHS) web site, where they report the numbers every day, I see different numbers than what the news is constantly blasting us with.

I am an Aerospace Mfg Engineer & I am all too familiar with the power of numbers & statistics. With a strong PowerPoint presentation loaded with charts & graphs, and a couple carefully selected photos, I could convince half the knuckleheads on this web site that the earth is flat!

The longer this hysteria continues, and we are required to wear masks to go outside, the longer people will be afraid to get on an airplane, and the longer I am out of a job. I have been out of work for 7 weeks now & I was hoping to retire in 2 years. If this doesn't turn around pretty soon, my personal situation is going to get real ugly.

I hope things turn around soon for you with your work situation. I can’t imagine how badly this has truly hit many American homes.

Like yourself, I “try” to keep my opinions to myself, but the more I observe & hear about it I’ve grown less patient with all of it. Im almost 50 & have always had a bit of a rebellious side to me. It’s faded some with age, but I refuse to be shamed into conforming. I do realize that this is very scary for many Americans, but for myself I just want to be exposed as much as possible to eventually build the antibodies so that it is no longer a concern. I travel for work & realistically it’s inevitable that I will get exposed. So be it....

Thank you saying that. I couldn't agree more.

I went saltwater fishing in California today and we had probably 20 boats around us and most boats had multiple people aboard. There were 2 charter boats packed with people and not one mask did I see all day. Even people in California are burnt out on the whole thing.

If you're old or have some condition you need to lay low and be extra careful and the rest need to get on with life.

It's totally bizarre. Without passing judgement on either side, here it's almost scary the other way. Hardly anyone wears a mask and its full on tourist season. Busiest I can ever remember it. <Shrug>

Hello 3TOE,

Hey elkchaserreturns, have you looked at Collins Aerospace, formerly UTAS, formerly Hamilton Sundstrand? They're not as busy as pre-Covid, but may be looking for engineers. I'd have to get a website for you that lists open positions, could do that tomorrow if you are interested.

Thank you saying that. I couldn't agree more.

I went saltwater fishing in California today and we had probably 20 boats around us and most boats had multiple people aboard. There were 2 charter boats packed with people and not one mask did I see all day. Even people in California are burnt out on the whole thing.

If you're old or have some condition you need to lay low and be extra careful and the rest need to get on with life.
Eel... so where are the pics of the fish? We need something positive to talk about.

I was talking about masks today at work and had the idea that it would be funny to make people wear masks in restaurants. If they complain about how difficult it would be to eat while wearing a mask, the restaurant can give them masks with zippers over the mouth, like a Gimp, and they can zip or unzip as needed between bites. And the staff can constantly remind them to zip up.

My fishing partner caught a 18 pound California halibut but nothing for me. We saw 3 fish caught all day. Bummed.
I hear ya man! It stinks you didn’t land anything but hopefully your buddy gave you some of that halibut.
I was in Richmond CA for the past several days and each morning the boats were headed by the hotel down to the marina before 5 AM every day.

Hey elkchaserreturns, have you looked at Collins Aerospace, formerly UTAS, formerly Hamilton Sundstrand? They're not as busy as pre-Covid, but may be looking for engineers. I'd have to get a website for you that lists open positions, could do that tomorrow if you are interested.

you must not be one of us knuckleheads that a good power point would convince us the earth is flat......he's so smart let him starve

Hello SlowElk,
Thanks for the suggestion! Already checked their website. The only matches were out of state. Getting too close to the finish line to go that route again. But thanks again for the suggestion!

Homer,
No, I'm really not that smart. Clearly, I don't have to present a bogus PowerPoint presentation to influence your thinking! So please just relax! The earth is not flat, and I won't starve! But thank you for your input.

Dang it! I was just getting used to being a "Deplorable". Now I have to become a mask wearing, kool-aid slurping, SHEEPLE to go out in public. Yea right!

Have a great day!
Elkchaser

As of midnight tonight, right? That's the start of "mandatory" face masks in public in Maricopa count, if I read the news correctly. Il Duce decided we have to wear masks.

As I understand it, Ducey "punted" by passing the decision to each municipality. As of midnight last night (6/19/2020), Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Tempe, etc., etc., each decide which way they want to go. So far, most city councils have voted to make masks mandatory when we are out in public. Google your town and you shoud be able to get the correct info.

On a side note: It does not appear that cops are going to enforce it unless a person refuses to put one on in a place that requires one.

I just got back from the grocery store where I abided by the rules and had my mask on which everyone else had there's on also, which is fine. I loaded my crap up in the pickup and headed home, but I have my one and only vice left which I'm trying to quit. Chewing Cope, and I really enjoy it so I was going to get one more can and that's it. I walk into the local convenient store, no one in there, I tell the gal one can of Cope, she said I need a mask. F#%k it's in the pickup. So she hands me a paper towel to cover my beak and mouth F%#k it! give me three cans...

Now that's funny ras1954. I hear the marijuana shops are having record sales. Might as well relax and chill out these days. :)

If someone has a habit of spitting on people when they talk or cough or sneeze they should wear a mask. Otherwise wearing a cloth rag mask is like putting up a cyclone fence to keep out the mosquitoes. You sure do look cool though.

You may not like wearing a mask.....but you will hate the ventilator!

I’d hate a coffin too, but we allow smartcars and motorcycles.

Id hate artificial heart but we allow fast food

I’d hate AIDS, or herpes, but last I checked sex was legal

You are on a hunting site, which I assume means you play with dangerous weapons, use knifes, travel in country with rattlers, cougars, bears, and in country with flash flood, ledges, snow, lightening?

Do you hunt wearing a bullet proof vest, snake chaps, cut gloves, a life preserver when in the field?
Why not, you’ll really hate......

Wearing a mask 7 months after WUHAN hit the country is like wearing a rubber in the 3rd trimester

You may not like wearing a mask.....but you will hate the ventilator!
Hello Sageman,
Again, we could debate, argue, name call, & curse at each other. I am not interested in doing that & I suspect that you aren't either. So, let me just ask you this question:
How do you respond when the anti-gun crowd is screaming to take your guns away?
I presume you are an avid hunter and own firearms? I am not trying to change the subject. I am using the gun question as an example of another emotionally charged, social issue that has raged for a very long time.
In my mind, this COVID-19 situation, like the gun control issue (and many others), has become an emotionally charged, politically polarizing, media driven & hysteria causing event. And now, the COVID-19 hysteria has cost MILLIONS of Americans their livelihood!

I will take my chances with the ventilator.

Not because I am stubborn, or ignorant, but because that is my choice, and I am willing to take that chance. I have yet to see credible data that clearly proves my choice puts you, or anyone else, at risk.
Ironically, a great American patriot once said: "Though I may strongly disagree with what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it!"

The America I grew up in used to value that right, and it was practiced by both political sides. Now, , , , ,not so much!

Have a great Fathers Day,
Elkchaser

Last edited:
The mask is not about you taking chances( That's up to you) its about respecting other people and trying not to give them what you may have!

You have the freedom to drive intoxicated...Do you do it ? Hopefully not!
Your right I'm into arguing. I'm done with this subject. Happy hunting...Jim

The mask is not about you taking chances( That's up to you) its about respecting other people and trying not to give them what you may have!

Sorry i meant Not into arguing.

20 million were immuno compromised in 2019. All of which could die from “things you gave them”

Did you wear a mask then?

Why not?

Sageman,
To be completely accurate, I am NOT free to drive intoxicated. That is a well established fact backed up by strict laws based on countless tragedies and hard statistics.
No reasonable person would dispute that.

No, I was not allowed to register my kids in public schools without all of the required vaccinations. That was a well established policy, backed up by strict laws, based on countless tragedies and hard statistics.
No reasonable person ever disputed that.

It is when media hype creates unsubstantiated fear and hysteria, and people like you fan the flames of that hysteria, that the real problems start.

I do not personally know one single person that has tested positive for COVID-19. Yes, I have heard of friends of co-workers, who has a cousin, that knows someone, that tested positive. I do not know anyone that has become sick, or died from it. However, I personally know dozens of people that have lost their jobs from it!

A close friend of 47 years passed away on June 7th from stage IV colon cancer. He was 65. He was diagnosed 15 months ago and fought the good fight to the bitter end. As sad & tragic as that is, that is life. The real heartbreaker to this story, and the reason I tell it here, is that his family was not allowed to be with him in the hospital after this pandemic hit. It was not until he gave up his fight, and was moved to Hospice, that his family was allowed at his side.

COVID-19 may or may not be as dangerous as we are told. It is here and masks are now the law of the land. I will comply. If for no other reason than to avoid the confrontations.
But the first person that challenges me for not doing it right, or in the right place, will find out how dangerous this pandemic really is.

Elkchaser

Sageman,
To be completely accurate, I am NOT free to drive intoxicated. That is a well established fact backed up by strict laws based on countless tragedies and hard statistics.

No, I was not allowed to register my kids in public schools without all of the required vaccinations. That was a well established policy, backed up by strict laws, based on countless tragedies and hard statistics.

It is when media hype creates unsubstantiated fear and hysteria, and people like you fan the flames of that hysteria, that the real problems start.

I do not personally know one single person that has tested positive for COVID-19. Yes, I have heard of friends of co-workers, who has a cousin, that knows someone, that tested positive. I do not know anyone that has become sick, or died from it. However, I personally know dozens of people that have lost their jobs from it!

A close friend of 47 years passed away on June 7th from stage IV colon cancer. He was 65. He was diagnosed 15 months ago and fought the good fight to the bitter end. As sad & tragic as that is, that is life. The real heartbreaker to this story, and the reason I tell it here, is that his family was not allowed to be with him in the hospital after this pandemic hit. It was not until he gave up his fight, and was moved to Hospice, that his family was allowed at his side.

COVID-19 may or may not be as dangerous as we are told. It is here and masks are now the law of the land. I will comply. If for no other reason than to avoid the confrontations.
But the first person that challenges me for not doing it right, or in the right place, will find out how dangerous this pandemic really is.

Elkchaser
Amen

So are we wearing masks until Wuhan is irradiated?

Mom in law shattered her ankle. She got to be in the hospital by herself. 10 min visit, 1 person per day.

Day 2 father in law went for 10min visit. Stayed the rest of afternoon/evening. I told him I’d bail him out if there was an issue.

Everyone knows what it is. And yup, it could get you,

But I can’t help but wonder what the cancer, heart disease rates would be if we tested everyone? Seems like we are looking for it, and finding it. The more cases found with fewer deaths keeps making it less a threat.

And in return folks have been literally destroyed because of it.

I have no problem with private business/property requiring anything.

I do with gov doing so

Hello Hossblur,
I agree with you 100%.
I keep forgetting that logic, & common sense, have absolutely nothing to do with it.
If I go out to the grocery store, and everyone but me is wearing a mask, how is that putting anyone else at risk? If the danger is real, who is at risk? Just me!
Social responsibility my azz!
When the BLM protesters were marching 300 deep, shoulder to shoulder, and 2/3 of them were not wearing masks, why was the media not screaming about that?
Seems a bit disingenuous to me.
The world has gone insane!

Elkchaser

Sageman,

Elkchaser
Well said...Lots of truth with your words.

Cheers to your friend and his family!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom