QUAGMIRE, TIME TO PULL OUT!

202typical

Long Time Member
First of all let me say that I am a strong supporter of our troops, but when faced with the incredible number of violent deaths, 18 dead in the last 17 days, I must put aside partisanship and say it is time to pull out?.of Washington D.C.

OH DID YOU THINK I MEANT IRAQ? Noooooo. Iraq is a cakewalk compared to Washington D.C. In fact, right now at this moment, there are more Americans dying violent deaths in Washington D.C. than in Iraq. It is a quagmire, a lost cause, and the only sensible thing to do is to pull out now before we spend more money in a failed effort to save this city. After all, it's not even one of the 50 states. It's just a ?district?.

Better yet, let's take all these citizens and put them on C-130 transports and take them directly to Iraq where, statistically speaking, they will be much safer. Not only from flying bullets, but also from the wandering politicians.

Yep and this is the city with the strictest gun laws in the country.

I am sure there are a few folks here that would love to try and politicize this and make it the Republicans fault for the violence in D.C. Pretty sad really.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-06 AT 07:00AM (MST)[p]The irony of the DC example is you have the richest people in the nation living 5 miles away from some of the poorest. It is a very complex set of issues in that city. You can not simply say ?gun ban, more crime ? see, its true, just look at DC . . . .? The people on the hill could give a rat about the poor people in DC or gun crime for that matter, so long as it's out of site ? and it is out of site for the tourists and the politicians. It's like night and day in that city. Supper rich and the supper poor. In the mornings the DC METRO is full of the laborers heading out of the city to the burbs, while the suits all are heading in to make the big bucks.

On the other hand, gun crime is dropping and has been for the past 15 years. The problems in DC could largely be solved. There is NO relationship between the pistol gun ban in DC and it's homicide. It's a red herring. In other words, the correlation is not that you ban guns and thus get more killing, as you try to put it. DC has a lot of complicated issues that could be solved. By the way, have you ever live in that city? I have, and all over it.

It sure would be nice to get a leader in Office that would spend my taxes on helping the people of our own homeland become more successful. Instead we spend billions and billions on a war that will NEVER end.

If there's a winner of this war, there must be a loser, and if there is a loser, they must be able to surrender - right? - Now, can ANYONE tell me who would surrender, should we "win" this war? Not saying I would not fight terrorism, I'm just suggesting that were not at war in the traditional sense, therefore, congress needs to write new legislation that will allow our country to more effectively fight the terrorist at home and abroad. . .

By the way I support gun ownership in the USA. I also do not believe we should be able to own howitzers or tanks. If we could this president would likely need more armor than his 5 ton car now supportsm, and not because I would launch the attack either.

I dont think he is trying to say that gun bans=more crime. He is just syaing that a gun ban is not a fix-all to gun crime/murders.

Now, can ANYONE tell me who would surrender. Nancy Pelosi for one.

I do however agree with you on the legislation issue. The wire taps are a good one. The left is blocking any wire taps of terrorist. Come on lefties the US government has been doing this forever why stop it now. If it works dont fix it.

D.C. is a hole. The lowest of the low reside in D.C. and I aint just talkin about the polaticians. I say you release the gun ban and see what happens.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom