Quality 20x + binocs?

S

saulweaver

I was using a good spotting scope this weekend (Swarovski) and found that my eyes were tiring quickly. Since then I have been thinking about getting one of these 20 power binoculars for use with a tripod in lieu of a spotting scope. I don't really finding myself using more than 20x in the field with the scope anyway.

Can anyone reccommend a brand and model? I would like to spend less than $1,000 if possible.

I have had good luck with Pentax, and am thinking about their 20x60 PCF WP model.

Not 20x and not under $1000 but the Swarovski 15x56 on a tripod are incredible. There excellent without the tripod also but for long stints glassing the Bogen tripod with the pistol grip and the binos are tough to beat.
The 2x doubler isn't much good in my opinion. It works great when there's lots of light but in the early am or late pm it's too dark to be of any help. Must just be for antelope hunting.

Might be able to find a used pair for a decent price.

Steiner Optics 20x80mm Binoculars are less than 1k at cabelas, but if you decide to purchase them you can get them cheaper at Edmund-Scientific.
"SEMPER FIDELIS"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom