Quality hunt for deer in Unit 17 NM

B

Burnetag99

My dad, my brother and I just got drawed for Unit 17. This will be my first hunt in over 4 years since I have been in Iraq with the US Marine Corps. I'm really excited to be back in the States. Last time I was in NM we hunted Unit 34 around Noel Akers place. Can anybody give us some tips on where to hunt and what we might expect. We will be there Nov 7-11.

We have several clients that drew for Nov 14-18. They have enlisted the services of one of guide staff that knows 17 very well. He is only going to work for them for 2 days on a daily basis. Would you like to contact him to enlist his help to enhance your success potential? Jim

Maybe I already ordered some maps and I'm going to drive down maybe next month and do some scouting on my own. Just looking to get a feel for the unit. Just any help on the Unit 17 would be great.

JFWRC,
my 10 y.o. daughter drew a unit 17 youth deer tag. We live in Texas and will probably be able to just make one good scouting trip. I plan on calling Tommy Maldonado/gila wilderness for his topo/scouting package but I am currently having back problems and may be having major back surgery in the very near future - so hiring a guide for her is something else I'm considering. She's shot several big whitetails/hogs but she took her first muley last year (current issue of MuleyCrazy/young guns section has her pic) and she's now muley crazy just like her ol' dad. If you have any guides that may be open for the youth deer hunt, please email me - we will probably be interested [email protected]
Thanks, Ted

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom