Quality Turkey Decoys?

cowslayer

Just trying to find a High Quality Turkey Decoy. Preferably a realistic looking hen.

I'm tired of the $20 flex, "Mohanna you ugly hen" decoys that seems to scare off all the toms/jakes we call in.

Any recomendations?

Thanks CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

Just trying to find a High Quality Turkey Decoy. Preferably a realistic looking hen.

I'm tired of the $20 flex, "Mohanna you ugly hen" decoys that seems to scare off all the toms/jakes we call in.

Any recomendations?

Thanks CS

$Hazel Creek$. It looks real......since it is a real mounted hen and they are some of the best turkey taxidermist there are. I had a friend do one for real cheap, looks good and is a pain in the a** to carry around.

$Hazel Creek$. It looks real......since it is a real mounted hen and they are some of the best turkey taxidermist there are. I had a friend do one for real cheap, looks good and is a pain in the a** to carry around.

One of my friends awhile back, he actually used a real gobbler as a decoy, from his farm.
The tom would follow him around the woods and would gobble, etc.
After awhile, it would get tired and he would have to carry it.
It had fat feet and lived a good life at the farm!
Just a funny story, but agree with you on the decoys out on the market, as there seems to be hard to find a good quality decoy, as I've used some that did scare Mr. Tom away!

One of my friends awhile back, he actually used a real gobbler as a decoy, from his farm.
The tom would follow him around the woods and would gobble, etc.
After awhile, it would get tired and he would have to carry it.
It had fat feet and lived a good life at the farm!
Just a funny story, but agree with you on the decoys out on the market, as there seems to be hard to find a good quality decoy, as I've used some that did scare Mr. Tom away!

I used the B-moble from Primos last year with ok results, its a tom tho, i used it along with a hen decoy, dont know what brand the hen is .

I used the B-moble from Primos last year with ok results, its a tom tho, i used it along with a hen decoy, dont know what brand the hen is .

I second the Dave Smith Decoys from above. I hunt several states a year and thay are the best I have found. Hazel Creek are as real as you could get, but way out of my price range.

I second the Dave Smith Decoys from above. I hunt several states a year and thay are the best I have found. Hazel Creek are as real as you could get, but way out of my price range.

Chris,
Those Hazel Creek decoys I ended up with at the NWTF banquet are the bomb! I can't wait to use them in Kansas in April. When is the date of your hunt? Maybe we can break them out again for that hunt.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Chris,
Those Hazel Creek decoys I ended up with at the NWTF banquet are the bomb! I can't wait to use them in Kansas in April. When is the date of your hunt? Maybe we can break them out again for that hunt.

www.awholelottabull.com

Dave Smith Decoys. PERIOD!

They are the best out there!

The stuffers like Hazel Creek are good too, but they can get pretty beat up and at their price, don't get them out there when foul weather is predicted!

The DSD's are weather proof, look just as good and are easier to pack around (they are full body dekes, though). I now have three. I used one last year in several states and was amazed at the response I got from the real turks. AMAZING!

I didn't used to be a decoy fan until I got one of the DSD's. If anyone wants any dekes made by the other brands (silloutes, foldups, etc) you can have mine. I have dekes made by at least a half dozen manufacturers that never worked and now they are just collecting dust.

BTW, just FYI, live decoys are illegal in Utah and I think illegal in most states!

On a side note, always be careful of other hunters when using dekes, esp the DSD's and the stuffers.

Hope this helps you cowslayer!

Dustin

Dave Smith Decoys. PERIOD!

They are the best out there!

The stuffers like Hazel Creek are good too, but they can get pretty beat up and at their price, don't get them out there when foul weather is predicted!

The DSD's are weather proof, look just as good and are easier to pack around (they are full body dekes, though). I now have three. I used one last year in several states and was amazed at the response I got from the real turks. AMAZING!

I didn't used to be a decoy fan until I got one of the DSD's. If anyone wants any dekes made by the other brands (silloutes, foldups, etc) you can have mine. I have dekes made by at least a half dozen manufacturers that never worked and now they are just collecting dust.

BTW, just FYI, live decoys are illegal in Utah and I think illegal in most states!

On a side note, always be careful of other hunters when using dekes, esp the DSD's and the stuffers.

Hope this helps you cowslayer!

Dustin

"On a side note, always be careful of other hunters when using dekes, esp the DSD's and the stuffers."

That is something I hadn't thought much of but you're exactly right. I can see someone coming up and shooting one of those Hazel Creeks. That kinda makes me nervous. Luckily we are hunting private ground in Kansas but Utah is another story.

www.awholelottabull.com

"On a side note, always be careful of other hunters when using dekes, esp the DSD's and the stuffers."

That is something I hadn't thought much of but you're exactly right. I can see someone coming up and shooting one of those Hazel Creeks. That kinda makes me nervous. Luckily we are hunting private ground in Kansas but Utah is another story.

www.awholelottabull.com

You guys are all awesome!!! Thanks everybody for the input. I really appreciate everyone's insight. I've got a tough decision to make. Keep the reviews a coming.

Chris

You guys are all awesome!!! Thanks everybody for the input. I really appreciate everyone's insight. I've got a tough decision to make. Keep the reviews a coming.

Chris

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom