Quest for a perfect hunting sock

shelbys

Guys, I know somebody out there can help me out. I am looking for a great pair of hiking/hunting socks that I can wear in warm weather with my boots. Most of the wool socks or wool blends tend to make my feet hot and sweaty.

Any suggestions????

i wear exclusively explorer socks made by the holeproof company in australia. i bought some when i was over there about 10 years ago at the suggestion of my sister who lives there. they are very comfortable-warm when they need to be, yet not too hot in warm weather-and they last a long time. i've still got pairs from the original half dozen pairs i bought 10 years ago. worn out several good pairs of boots in that time. you could probably find a source for them online.

I have tried nearly everything. For hot sweaty feet make sure you get something with coolmax. Thorlo makes some great sock IMO. That what I go with on my 25 milers. My advice would be try a few pair and go with what works best.

I wear the Cabela's Ultimax socks for warm weather hunting. They are light and really wick moisture away from your foot. :D

Have you tried spraying your feet with an unscented antiperspirant? What type of construction are your boots-uninsulated with cordura panels?

I agree with beaner,
coolmax liners and thorlo light hiker weight hiking socks are a good combination.
When it is hot and your feet are sweating that is even more reason to wear two socks.

Try this combination, I think it will help your situation a lot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom